UE 5 vs WSU 6 -- Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE 5 vs WSU 6 -- Game 2

WSU looks to join Illinois State in the championship game on Saturday.

Phone is charged and looking forward to some late night baseball :wsu_posters:

UE 0-0-0-0-1-1-1-2-0 <--> 5-8-1
    WS 0-1-2-0-0-2-1-0-x <--> 6-7-4

Very ugly game defensively but the Shockers advance to meet Illinois State in the championship game Saturday.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Saturday = TV game

Comment

They best to have gotten all that "ugly" out of thier system. They just may have won a game they shouldn't have. Let's get r done on Saturday!!

:wsu_posters: :clap:

Comment

Any way possible that delays cause the game to start around 10:30pm Saturday?

Comment

Whew. Win and advance.

Comment

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also, how weird was that song played at 1:15?

Comment

Can we quit making errors? Coy should have picked up those throws; lots of previous WSU first basemen have been able to pick up throws in the "dirt" or off a bounce. I'm really disappointed in Coy's play at first.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

All I know is my head hurts...

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                  Can we quit making errors? Coy should have picked up those throws; lots of previous WSU first basemen have been able to pick up throws in the "dirt" or off a bounce. I'm really disappointed in Coy's play at first.
                  Our first baseman is 6'7", and none of our infielders can throw it not in the dirt. I dare them to throw it over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
                    Our first baseman is 6'7", and none of our infielders can throw it not in the dirt. I dare them to throw it over him.
                    Coy's also a converted 1st baseman. There is a special art to playing a great 1st base.

Comment

So? Most of the bad throws he missed bounced up high enough that his height did not matter. Later he caught a throw at his shoetops without any trouble. We have "turf" so weird bounces should not occur and I don't think any weird bounces did occur.
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                        Coy's also a converted 1st baseman. There is a special art to playing a great 1st base.
                        Then Coy should not play first on Saturday if he isn't ready to do the job; let a "real first baseman" play in the MVC title game.

Comment

WSU 3, UE 2 - Aces score another run on a throwing error, after a throwing error messed up a double play. Both Aces runs have scored on balls that bounced past Coy. None of them were great throws. Two of them were running plays by the fielder, which makes the throws more difficult. It’s hard to tell if Coy should be making those plays from here. He’s been pretty good stretching for throws lately. But those look like plays that a more experienced first baseman might make. I do know Coy is 6-8 and it’s better to throw high than low where he is concerned.

"But those look like plays that a more experienced first baseman might make."

Also: "Four errors for WSU. The Aces have scored four of their runs without the ball leaving the infield."

Comment

Coy should have at least put some leather on the throws. However, all of em were very bad and our infielders, if anything, should be throwing them over his head, not in the dirt. Really bad and it's a good thing those didn't come back to bite us.

Hoch seemed like he wanted tense situations. The double play almost made him mad and he had to promptly give the next two guys free passes before Walker Davidson saved the day.

Decent hitting. But more importantly for this time of the year.. survive and advance.

10:40pm start time and a pretty decent crowd considering. Game ends at around 1:45am and getting ready for bed at 2:45am. Then back up by 8 for work. Gotta love Shocker baseball.

Not bad for a "bandwagon" fan..

:posterwu:
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                              Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also, how weird was that song played at 1:15?
                              We noticed that too...we were sitting there on the hill and I looked at my watch and noticed it was actually 1:15. Wonder if they planned that?

Comment

Working...
                              X