Clear All

Originally posted by Rosewood
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    that is what you sounded like snoring.....just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
      Originally posted by Rosewood
      Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also, how weird was that song played at 1:15?
      We noticed that too...we were sitting there on the hill and I looked at my watch and noticed it was actually 1:15. Wonder if they planned that?
      Yeah, I've never liked that song, but I kind of do now because I'll always remember it because of that game last night. I'm really liking this late night baseball, but work sure does suck the next morning!!

Comment

On the errors at 1B. Coy probably should have had the first and third ones. They were "in the dirt" and could/should have been caught or at least knocked down. The second one was a longer hop and bounced pretty high on a short hop. I'd put the blame 50/50 on Coy and the fielders. As someone said, he's 6'8" there's no reason to leave the throws low. What Coy doesn't do especially well is stretch full-out to take throws and I expect a lot of work by him in that area off-season. Now, if Coy not playing 1B means he isn't in the lineup, then I'll take the bad to get the good. Kid makes contact at the plate, and often great contact.

Kudos to the sound folks for pulling out the 1:15 in the morning song. Nice. Anyone know the singer and title?

UE #29 Corey Davisson popped-off to a couple of fans while walking out to the 'pen late in the game. Dude needs to turn-off his radar, thicken-up his skin, have some fun and focus on the game.

The Shox went into an offensive funk again in the middle innings and let UE back in the game aided by the errors and a crucial passed ball. I thought the relief pitchers pitched well and Fleming and Guy deserve credit. Their lines were uglied-up by some very bad defense.

I, for one, am glad the midnight baseball is over. The current format is decent (and would be better if the MVC had more teams with deeper pitching staffs), but is compressed too much. Weather and long games make for some long days when there are 4 games to be played. Now a day off completely in the middle of the tournament seems really odd.

I expect a well-played game on Saturday between two teams that are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Illinois State will be very motivated to prove they're better than the Shox and the Shox better get rested-up and come ready to play.

--''85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

The Redbirds are going to be HUNGRY for a chance to make the NCAAs.

Anything less than a 100% full and focused effort and we can put the bats and gloves away for the year.

I am thrilled the guys won last night, but if they think that effort is going to extend the season for a week, they are in for a disappointing weekend.

Comment

Kudos to the sound folks for pulling out the 1:15 in the morning song. Nice. Anyone know the singer and title?

Lady Antebellum is the artist. "Need you Now" is the song. They will be at Intrust Arena June 11 opening for Tim McGraw.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              The Redbirds are going to be HUNGRY for a chance to make the NCAAs.

Anything less than a 100% full and focused effort and we can put the bats and gloves away for the year.

I am thrilled the guys won last night, but if they think that effort is going to extend the season for a week, they are in for a disappointing weekend.
              :good: :good: :good: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Exactly. The Shox looked like the team who had played earlier in the day and sat out a 3 hour rain delay.

Max effort required on Saturday by both the team and the fans. This team seems to feed off the crowd's emotion more than most Shocker team. Bring it loud and proud and WEAR YELLOW!!

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                  Max effort required on Saturday by both the team and the fans. This team seems to feed off the crowd's emotion more than most Shocker team. Bring it loud and proud and WEAR YELLOW!!

--'85.

+1

It is a one game season folks. Bandwagoneers welcomed.

You know the drill....come early.......

Comment

"Vote" early, "vote" often? Oh, wait; that is Illinois (State) baseball. ;-) :lol:
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Late Night at the Eck

It's great to see the LARGE number of people in the stands all night long for these three games. Hey, NCAA, look at what programs could do for you if four-fifths of the season wasn't played in the stinkin' winter!

Go Shox!!
                      :yahoo:
                      Omaha Dreamin'
                      ShoxJ32

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85

--'85.

+1

It is a one game season folks. Bandwagoneers welcomed.

You know the drill....come early.......
                        I didn't see any bandwagoneers last night, just about 2000 of my closest friends....however I have a feeling Saturday is going to be insane.

Comment

Just to confirm -- the Championship game on Saturday is at 1:30 PM and not 1:30 AM correct?

Actually, the Shocks might have a big advantage if we did play at 1:30 AM.

I have to hand it to the Shocks and their fans though -- they handled playing 3 very late games on back-to-back-to-back nights very well.

I think we will have a very big crowd for the Championship game on Saturday.

According to the ticket office tickets sales have been steady today, but it won't be a sell out. Or at least it won't be a sell-out in advance. Hopefully, we will get a big walk-up crowd.

:goshocks:

Comment

Re: Late Night at the Eck

Originally posted by ShoxJ32
                            It's great to see the LARGE number of people in the stands all night long for these three games. Hey, NCAA, look at what programs could do for you if four-fifths of the season wasn't played in the stinkin' winter!

Go Shox!!
                            :yahoo:

This was not a large number of people this week. It was probably a large number of people for the time the games were played but overall I suspect wsu is disappointed how the timing worked out. Hopefully Saturday will be a "large" number of people.

Also somebody please tell those who sit in the metal bleachers they can stomp their feet and really increase the noise level.

Comment

I didn't see any bandwagoneers last night, just about 2000 of my closest friends....however I have a feeling Saturday is going to be insane.

Marty, I didn't know but I am glad to be counted amongst your friends.

I was simply encouraging anyone interested to show up on Saturday. Games do not get more meaningful, and it is going to be a glorious day at the Eck. It should be a perfect storm for a HUGE crowd and regional television.

I know the WSU fanbase likes to stand tall and stick out their collective chests.....no better way to prove that then to show up in droves Saturday afternoon.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Marty, I didn't know but I am glad to be counted amongst your friends.

I was simply encouraging anyone interested to show up on Saturday. Games do not get more meaningful, and it is going to be a glorious day at the Eck. It should be a perfect storm for a HUGE crowd and regional television.

I know the WSU fanbase likes to stand tall and stick out their collective chests.....no better way to prove that then to show up in droves Saturday afternoon.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                                I don't think it's going to be like the Regionals and Super Regionals a few years ago where we had to show up at 5:00 AM to insure a good spot in line. However I'd say if you're a die hard and want to sit on the hill I'd show up at least 2 or 3 hours early. I have regular reserve seats behind home plate, but sitting on the hill is so much more fun....

Comment

Working...
                                X