No announcement yet.

mvc tourney: shox vs swmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a blessing to win this one considering we scored 6 runs on 4 hits. We can't hope to win this tourney with this type of hitting. We are going to need both good pitching and hitting from here on out. One will not bail out the other when every team in this tourney is fighting for the sole bid from this conference. I hope we got the tourney jitters over with now.

Comment

Man am I sun burnt.Should have stayed in the shade for the first game of the day.Evansville looked good today.going to be a tough challenge for Kelley tomorrow.I'll sleep on this Shocker win for about 7 hours then it's back to the Eck for another day of baseball.Gotta enjoy it this year because none of my money is going to Omaha next year.I hope Creighton's 23 fans can carry the attendance next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89
        Bascue's homer was an absolute laser.
        Indeed it was.

BTW, have you ever seen an outfield play as deep as MSU played theirs? I guess they knew what they were doing as they ran down 3 or 4 drives into the alleys.

Speaking of running down drives two very nice catches by Ryan Jones in right in the 9th inning.

Jordan Cooper probably didn't have his best stuff but still manages a complete game and only 2 runs despite giving up 8 hits and quite a few hard hit outs. Coop is simply a competitor, a winner and unflappable.

Kevin Medrano is a hitting machine, as is Bret Bascue.

Coop and Bret confirmed their All-Conference status tonight.

:goshocks:

Comment

What a night for baseball. First off, thank you Alumni Association for the free cake and beer. Then amazing weather. And then what a game. What a freaking game.

I'm not even reading the thread. Coop was fantastic and only had 2 pitches I'm sure he wished he had back.

Their pitcher was really in the zone. He was getting annoyed when he was getting out of his rhythm. Before the 5th I said "one hit and the whole thing will become unraveled" and by George I was right.

Great game.

Comment

Whoa, watch out there Ta town. You might get written up by GoShockers89.

Hitting was spotty. If it wasn't for the 3 gift runs we'd be sweating out a 3-2 edge-of-your-seat win. Cooper was a stud, just made a couple of mistakes, and was really only beat up by a good hitter in Medrano. Their pitcher was in a flow but then the crowd seemed to wake up and help get in his head. He never settled in from there.

Totally agree with Bascue's laser. That was a tight rope if I ever saw one. Also agree with 1972 about the deep outfielders. We hit some pretty good balls deep but were tracked down quickly by their depth.

Evansville needs to be dealt with quickly. We need a more substantial jump in offense tomorrow and take em out early.

1 step at a time.

:posterwu:

Also, bravo to the fans who stayed late into the game and until the end. You would not see that many fans for a feature game for the home team at another venue for what we had out there at 11:30pm on a Tuesday night. Pretty incredible.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
              Before the 5th I said "one hit and the whole thing will become unraveled" and by George I was right.
              I thought the Shocks aggressiveness on the base paths may have gotten to Kickham also with Bascue and Baez both stealing 3rd before scoring on two of the wild pitches.

Comment

They are not SWMO anymore! It sounds better saying Missouri State or MOST anyways...

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  for what?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    It's a blessing to win this one considering we scored 6 runs on 4 hits.
                    The 4 hits are deceiving... if the dude would have continued to throw strikes versus wild pitches, we might have had more of them. Also, we hit several lasers right at Mo. St. and a couple of balls went to the wall. Yes, I know all about candy and nuts. :D

Pumper!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                      Originally posted by ShockerFever
                      for what?
                      Fever's confused. Being able to write a summary for a game he actually attended has his mind spinning.

http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtop...17045&start=40

Comment

It's a blessing to win this one considering we scored 6 runs on 4 hits. We can't hope to win this tourney with this type of hitting. We are going to need both good pitching and hitting from here on out. One will not bail out the other when every team in this tourney is fighting for the sole bid from this conference. I hope we got the tourney jitters over with now.
                        The Shox advantage from here on out is WSU's pitching vs. lack thereof from the potential opponents. EU used Dennis Tuesday and don't have another starter with better than a 5.00 ERA. SIU used Forer and don't have a regular starter with and ERA betther than 6.00. Hopefully, Meade and Doyle for MoSt will be done if we play them again. Late in the season, the Shox wore out bad pitching - I expect to see some of that in the tourney, too.

The biggest advantage of being the #1 is clearly being in the bracket with 4, 5, and 8. If Kelley can keep EU's burners off base, the Shox should be fine. They can score enough runs, albiet sometimes in unconventional ways, to get the the championship game.

Tuesday's game was fun. I'd like to see the schedule stay on track today and get home before midnight. :D

--'85.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz
                          They are not SWMO anymore! It sounds better saying Missouri State or MOST anyways...

:wsu_posters:
                          They will always be SWMO to me.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                            The Shox advantage from here on out is WSU's pitching vs. lack thereof from the potential opponents. EU used Dennis Tuesday and don't have another starter with better than a 5.00 ERA. SIU used Forer and don't have a regular starter with and ERA betther than 6.00. Hopefully, Meade and Doyle for MoSt will be done if we play them again. Late in the season, the Shox wore out bad pitching - I expect to see some of that in the tourney, too.

The biggest advantage of being the #1 is clearly being in the bracket with 4, 5, and 8. If Kelley can keep EU's burners off base, the Shox should be fine. They can score enough runs, albiet sometimes in unconventional ways, to get the the championship game.

Tuesday's game was fun. I'd like to see the schedule stay on track today and get home before midnight. :D

--'85.
                            It seems like thse are the type of guys that through the years have given the Shockers fits. I wonder if anyone has ever computed our record or batting average against pithchers (or starters if looking at W/L) with era's below 2.00, 2.01-4.0 and 4.01 or more?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I would be very interested in seeing that statistic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                                Originally posted by GoShockers89
                                Bascue's homer was an absolute laser.
                                Indeed it was.

BTW, have you ever seen an outfield play as deep as MSU played theirs? I guess they knew what they were doing as they ran down 3 or 4 drives into the alleys.

Speaking of running down drives two very nice catches by Ryan Jones in right in the 9th inning.

Jordan Cooper probably didn't have his best stuff but still manages a complete game and only 2 runs despite giving up 8 hits and quite a few hard hit outs. Coop is simply a competitor, a winner and unflappable.

Kevin Medrano is a hitting machine, as is Bret Bascue.

Coop and Bret confirmed their All-Conference status tonight.

:goshocks:
                                I would say bascue's home run was a laser. my hand hurts today

Comment

Working...
                                X