Shox vs Sycs Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoShockers89
    I see little merit to attacking posters who persist in an (overly) optimistic view. It makes it look as if you are rooting against success.
    You call that "attacking"? Ha!

I'm just very anxious to see how this one will spin. I would have preferred a W, but alas, it's our 4th L in a row and I would like to get inside the heads of some of the great sunshine pumpers out there.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Does anyone know why engrav doesn't get a chance to hit?

Comment

I've been more or less avoiding this Forum because of my attitude about the teams last year and this year. I was willing to accept last year if we were indeed working in a lot of young guys who would be winners this year.

Let's see, is there a way to put a "Sunshine spin" on this? Oh, yeah, We'll soon have a lot more seniors on the team than we're used to.

Either the recuiting has dropped off the face of the earth, or the ability to develop players has dropped to the point that players actually become worse during thier time at WSU. Both factors have got to be owned by the coaching staff.

I've been critical of JT for years. How is it that for decades we've had all these really fast guys, but smaller guys WHO CAN'T BUNT??? And WSU is certainly not known for power hitting, so what is JT teaching??? Oh, yeah, he's teaching that it's good to be the best buddy of the coach. It's a great cover for incompetence.

It is time to shake up the coaching staff. Does ADES have the stones to tell Gene to fire JT? The idea is to let Gene know just how close the axe is to dropping on his butt.

What happened to BK? Is the recruiting so bad that not even he can turn the guys into pitchers? Or have there just been too many injuries? The injured pitchers who don't recover to be effective are fortunate to be at WSU. They'd be dropped to make roster room at most serious programs.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
          I've been more or less avoiding this Forum because of my attitude about the teams last year and this year. I was willing to accept last year if we were indeed working in a lot of young guys who would be winners this year.

Let's see, is there a way to put a "Sunshine spin" on this? Oh, yeah, We'll soon have a lot more seniors on the team than we're used to.

Either the recuiting has dropped off the face of the earth, or the ability to develop players has dropped to the point that players actually become worse during thier time at WSU. Both factors have got to be owned by the coaching staff.

I've been critical of JT for years. How is it that for decades we've had all these really fast guys, but smaller guys WHO CAN'T BUNT??? And WSU is certainly not known for power hitting, so what is JT teaching??? Oh, yeah, he's teaching that it's good to be the best buddy of the coach. It's a great cover for incompetence.

It is time to shake up the coaching staff. Does ADES have the stones to tell Gene to fire JT? The idea is to let Gene know just how close the axe is to dropping on his butt.

What happened to BK? Is the recruiting so bad that not even he can turn the guys into pitchers? Or have there just been too many injuries? The injured pitchers who don't recover to be effective are fortunate to be at WSU. They'd be dropped to make roster room at most serious programs.
          Beautiful post....I've often said we are the only small ball built for speed baseball program that can't or won't bunt. Why do we seem to have a bunch of injured pitchers all the time?

Obviously Gene won't get fired. And he won't get rid of his minions. So really the only hope is retirement. But then who?

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh

Aargh, I agree with you except for the pitching. Muncrief, Hoch and Fleming were big questionmarks this season. C Lowell going down with an injury which obviously was bothering him at the start of the season and B Flynn not even making the grades to get on the roster hurt as well. Now the pitchers have no confidence in the defense behind them nor can they rely on the offense to bail them out.

Comment

I"m gonna say it one more time: Gene's personal problems have finally taken their toll on him and the coaching staff. If college baseball was a major sport, he wouldn't have survived the media scrutiny.
              The sunny people can ignore it but it appears to be the truth.
              You again have hit the nail on the head.

Another thing that was not like Gene at all, is before this season he was playing up this team making positive statements. The old Gene would never say anything good about them he generally would say, can't run, hit, field etc., and then go out and beat the brains out of everyone.

The King is Dead.
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

I knew it was a bad sign when Gene was all giddy about this team before the season.There isn't that much talent on this team and the talent we do have is underachieving.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  I'm predicting another 2-0 loss.

SB, I think you're about 10 years behind.
                  Yeah, I know.

This is like the movie of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" - except the only bodies the aliens are snatching are Shocker baseball players and the Aliens love Soccer but suck at baseball. Doesn't volleyball start soon?

Comment

Working...
                  X