Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shox1989
    Originally posted by Shockerman
    Losing to Evansville is not acceptable in any sport let alone baseball!
    While I would generally agree that losing to Evansville in any sport shouldn't happen, unlike the last place basketball team, the Evansville baseball team appears to be one of the better teams in the Valley. They took 2 of 3 games last weekend at Missouri State and their baseball RPI is about twice as good as their basketball teams was.
    Wasn't EU a game below .500 coming into tonight's game. I guess that qualifies as a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
      While I would generally agree that losing to Evansville in any sport shouldn't happen, unlike the last place basketball team, the Evansville baseball team appears to be one of the better teams in the Valley. They took 2 of 3 games last weekend at Missouri State and their baseball RPI is about twice as good as their basketball teams was.
      Wasn't EU a game below .500 coming into tonight's game. I guess that qualifies as a good team.
      KC- if you look at what they actually posted, they said "one of the better teams in the Valley". They didn't actually say that UE was a good team.

UE did split at Kentucky. Other than that and I suppose taking 2 from MO State in Springfield there is nothing in their record that impresses me.

Hopefully we will come back and take the next 2 games from these guys. :wsu_posters:

Comment

A couple of days ago when I checked their rpi it was something like 127 which put them 3rd in the Valley behind WSU and I believe Creighton. Their basketball team on the other hand had the worst rpi in the Valley somewhere around 280. 127 is a decent rpi for a northern baseball school and certainly good by Valley baseball standards.

Comment

shox1989, Evansville is not a good baseball team. At the absolute BARE minimum, like KC said, good teams require you to win more games than you lose. Evansville isn't that team.

I don't care about Valley baseball standards. We all know the Valley sucks so why would we wanna make comparisons to what is good in that way?

Again, just another example of people lowering our stature and expectations of our program. A sure sign of the slide..
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A couple of days ago when I checked their rpi it was something like 127 which put them 3rd in the Valley behind WSU and I believe Creighton. Their basketball team on the other hand had the worst rpi in the Valley somewhere around 280. 127 is a decent rpi for a northern baseball school and certainly good by Valley baseball standards.
            [shakes head] now we are going to start rationalizing how good the valley team really are for "northern terms".

UNACCEPTABLE

WSU has from 1981 to 2000 won 18 out 20 MVC conference championships. Since then WSU has won 4 out 8 with two 3rd place finishes and the MVC is weaker nationally. THE MVC SUCKS, I don't care what the apologist say - it sucks. There was actually a time when MVC sent multiple teams to the NCAA and even to the CWS.

UNACCEPTABLE

Comment

Working...
            X