This Program Has Officially Fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnieBallgame
    I watched the Goddard vs. Maize games last night at Goddard.

There were at least 3 players who could definitely help WSU out next year!

Levi Meyer - Senior (C) Goddard, almost single handedly changed the outcome of the games with defensive presence. Great job of calling pitches, blocking balls in the dirt and tremendous arm/pop time 1.89 on a throw out last night. Unbelievably tough competitor!

Dillon Kerans - Senior (P) Maize, command of 3-4 pitches, ability to work around 5 errors on routine ground balls and still win. Both 2 seam and 4 seam fastballs mostly 86-89mph, we did get several 90 & 91's. Straight changeup was best pitch IMHO at 76MPh. Breaking ball appeared to be an after thought last night. It was not necessary. Looks thin at 6'2" 180LB but exceptionally long arms and legs. Could project to 6'3"-6-4" 215-220lb. Extreme mental toughness and gritty as hell!

I guess my 3rd player can't help them out next year but the year after. Gage Byers, Junior (P) Maize, fast ball last night 86-88mph, 2 @ 90 mph. Appears to be developing a straight change up along with a breaking ball.
    Appears to be 5'10-6' with a very thick lower half. My guess is 210lbs. I have heard others rave about him for a couple of years now. Last night he started to make a believer out of me. The when you absolutely need a strike pitch is not necessarily a fastball anymore. The straight changeup was very good and the breaking ball above average. He is fast becoming a warrior!
    You are correct these guys are great players. But Levi Meyer signed with a JuCo and Dillon Kerans signed with Neosha this spring.

Comment

• What a difference a month makes! ;-)
      The sun is shining, ISN"T IT ? :D
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP
        What a difference a month makes! ;-)
        The sun is shining, ISN"T IT ? :D
        Yes. What a difference a month can make.

No. There was no sun shining. IT WAS 2 AM IN THE MORNING!! ;-)

Actually, when you play like they have over the last 20+ games and can win a game like they just won, "no pumping required".

:wsu_posters:

Comment

• Unfortunately the successes and/or failures for this season will come down to one game on Saturday.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Unfortunately the successes and/or failures for this season will come down to one game on Saturday.
            ... and beyond :clap: :goshocks:

Comment

Unfortunately the successes and/or failures for this season will come down to one game on Saturday.
              Unfortunately, if the Shox had fewer failures, that wouldn't be true. Saturday's game will get a team into post-season if they win, it won't keep a deserving team out if they lose.

Comment

• This would have been a much different season with Lowell and Flynn in the rotation.
                Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Don't you think we have a better chance of winning? The sunshine pumpers will say we do.
                  :clap:
                  Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP
                    Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Don't you think we have a better chance of winning? The sunshine pumpers will say we do.
                    :clap:
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                    X