Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shox get commit from Juco outfielder (edited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now hitting .472 with 7 homeruns

Comment

Geting a great player for one year is alright with me. If he is good. One never knows until he gets on the field at a high level. We are going to lose alot this year. Five or six good seniors. Who knows about the draft!!!

Comment

thru 55 games:

.462 20hr 82rbi

also 22 doubles and 80 runs scored

Comment

Spinner, are you going if drafted high enough?
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Re: Scott Schebler - for any doubters

Originally posted by Original Cactus Jack
            don't doubt. This kid is a flat-out stud. Tremendous athlete and hard worker.

Last year he made headlines around eastern Iowa with some amazing things he was doing at the plate. I checked out some video my station had shot plus other sources and all I could think of was "this is a guy we need."

Thankfully the coaches at WSU got wind of him as well. It doesn't hurt that UNI and Iowa St. dropped their programs. Even though he grew up about 10 miles from Iowa City baseball at the big school is an afterthought.

The recruiting ground up here is fertile - lots of good youth programs and lots of good players, but no place for them to go. The Shocks could make a great pipeline out of this part of the country. We've had some good ones in the past, let's hope the trend continues.
            80% probability that Jack is either a) a relative of the player, b) a good friend of the player..

Not that it matters. Just a well educated guess..
            "If you're not first, you're last"

Comment

I would think that Jack is just a baseball lover and spends a great deal of time at legion ball and other such venues.

Comment

We once had a Cactus Jack who roamed the ShockerNet halls. I wonder what ever happened to him . . . could he be back?

Comment

What ever happened to Court Jester?

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                    What ever happened to Court Jester?
                    He joined Oboma's cabinet

Comment

I thought that SOB looked familiar. Thanks.

Comment

Schebler will play for the Green Bay Bullfrogs in the Northwoods League this summer.

They start play on June 2.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

This guy looks like a stud in the making to me. Glad to see that Gene is getting some power hitters back in the lineup, typically where we have been short in the past.

Comment

Working...
                          X