No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Fighting Sioux Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 and SB - I understand it is meaningless this early. I just said it is interesting. Most stats and observations are meaningless at this point in the season, it doesn't mean they aren't fun to discuss.

Sorry if I made either of you defensive. I thought I was extremely careful to quantify every remark I made with things like it is early, RPI changes rapidly this time of year. I didn't mean for a second that ND was better than WSU or FGCU wasn't to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_
      85 and SB - I understand it is meaningless this early. I just said it is interesting. Most stats and observations are meaningless at this point in the season, it doesn't mean they aren't fun to discuss.
      It all depends on the order of magnitude whether there is any early season meaning. RPI fluctuates wildly in early season as you pointed out therefore (to me) it is not that interesting. But WSU HR's to this point are a order of magnitude different than last year so this is probably a significant event.

I have some comparison charts for this year, last year and 1998 but I am waiting for a few more games down the road before publishing them.

Sorry for making you both defensive. I thought I was extremely careful to quantify every remark I made with things like it is early, RPI changes rapidly this time of year. I didn't mean for a second that ND was better than WSU or FGCU wasn't to be taken seriously.

It was not really clear what your point was or if you had one. You said:

Also interesting that FGCU has an RPI of 229 right now.
      So why did you find this interersting?

I was not being defensive, it seemed you were throwing things out for discussion since you really didn't make a point, and so I gave my opinion of what the real significance (or lack of significance) that each of them meant.

Comment

Great matchup for Friday, PLAY BALL!!!!!!

The competition level changes dramatically on Friday. FGCU is a very solid program and Friday's starter Chris Sale is projected as a high draft. He's a big 6'6" lefty who will be a treat to watch battle with Kelley. The Shox and Charlie Lowell beat Sale 6-0 last season. He might be focused on revenge.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 Print Email RSS Share

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Florida Gulf Coast junior pitcher Chris Sale was named to the Preseason Golden Spikes Award Watch List that was announced by USA Baseball on Thursday, marking the organization's first step toward identifying the top player in college baseball. Sponsored by Major League Baseball, the Golden Spikes Award will be presented in 2010 for the 33rd time.

Sale (Lakeland, Fla.), a 2010 Baseball America First Team All-American, Preseason All-Conference selection and A-Sun Preseason Pitcher of the Year, enters the 2010 season owning a 9-4 career record with three saves and a 2.94 ERA in 35 appearances. The Eagles’ junior lefthander posted a 2.72 ERA a season ago ranking him second in the Atlantic Sun. Sale ranked 26th in the nation in ERA and 26th in strikeouts (104) in 2009. Sale picked up Louisville Slugger Preseason Second Team All-American honors in addition to preseason Second Team recognition from PING!Baseball. Sale earned Cape Cod League Pitcher of the Year honors over the summer and Baseball America named Sale the top prospect in the Cape Cod League. He also earned First-Team All-Atlantic Sun honors in 2009.
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

The weekend series vs. FGCU is the only reason I wish I weren't headed to STL to see the Shocks win the Valley Basketball Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
            ... see the Shocks win the Valley Basketball Tournament.
            If this comes to pass, it will be well worth it. In the meantime, we'll do our best to hold down the fort here.

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
            X