Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KU

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
    Unless the game is snowed out -- and why on earth is WSU opening in Lawrence in February? -- I assume the Shocks will reveal who they believe is their #1 guy by using him, inasmuch as he would then have four days rest before his next outing against USA, which is almost certainly the class of its own tournament in Mobile.
    The KU game is on the 23rd, then we start the Coca Cola Classic in AL on Friday the 26th. Tim Kelly is our Friday starter and ACE, so wouldn't they start him for the 26th game to get him going as the every Friday guy? Because on March 2nd, nationally ranked Florida Gulf Coast comes in for a weekend series and Tim would then be Friday again and set for the season.

Comment

We may start Coop since it is right near his hometown anyway.
      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Unless the game is snowed out -- and why on earth is WSU opening in Lawrence in February?
        No doubt. If anyone was at the game last year in March, it was miserably cold!!! Actually, this year it was changed by the Jayhawks, they had a scheduling conflict come up and gave the Shocks the ultimatum of playing the first game of the year, or they would cancel both of the games and not play this year. That is the story that was given to me. KU is a good draw here in Wichita, probably a nice RPI boost and it was too difficult to try and change the schedule at that point.

Comment

You guys know darn well first game of the season coach is going to throw by committee with a pitch limit and it won't matter who starts, but who closes. My guess is at least five arms go in the first game over nine innings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
            You guys know darn well first game of the season coach is going to throw by committee with a pitch limit and it won't matter who starts, but who closes. My guess is at least five arms go in the first game over nine innings.
            Actually, Hovpen, I'd expect multiple pitchers for a while, especially in cold weather games. And you're exactly right: we saw last year, with the bullpen struggles and injuries, that what happens late can easily undo a good starting performance. So who finishes -- and how -- is indeed a key.

Comment

This season just needs to get underway. I'm totally confident our pitching will be dominant and just hope for a return to dominant offense and 45 + wins

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                This season just needs to get underway. I'm totally confident our pitching will be dominant and just hope for a return to dominant offense and 45 + wins
                I second that, but at minimum, I want another Super Regional appearance as well.

Comment

Working...
                X