No announcement yet.

Shocker Exhibition Game Sat 9-26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they doing a fall world series this year or not?
    Yes. It Starts on Satruday October 10th.

Comment

I think the Shocker World Series is still on, though it isn't listed anywhere on goshockers.com that I can find. Obviously with the turf install it may be starting later than normal.

The turf feels good under the feet, as was said earlier it is NOT springy like 1st gen turf. The warning track does have a springy pad under it to give it a different feel, but that change of feel is much more subtle than standard natural grass to dirt transitions. I'm sure our guys will get used to it enough to discern it, but it may be a bit tougher for visitors to get acclimated.

They have a little more touching up to do right in front of the dugouts, as right now it didn't look or feel completely finished. Enough so that walking you could easily stumble right before you step down into the dugout. The infill was noticeable in places, but I'm sure as it gets played on that will get pounded down into the grass.

Even up close, it looks GREAT. If you can't have a natural grass field, I'd say this is about a good of an alternative as you can get.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
      X