Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Exhibition Game Sat 9-26

Intrasquad baseball game on Sat., Sept. 26 at 2:30 p.m. at Eck Stadium

Gates will open at 1 p.m. and admission to the game is free. Fans will be able to come out onto the field after the game to see the new turf and they will also be able to take pictures with the Shocker players and get autographs. Children will also be able to run the bases.

I was going to say good luck keeping me from running the bases but it looks like Family Stuff that has cursed my entire summer just keeps coming so I'm going to be in Houston on Saturday.

I figure anyone who reads this already knows but just in case, here it is.

Intersquad game

It would be greatly appreciated if someone who went to the game today could summarize briefly as to how it turned out!

Comment

And post some photos. 8)

Comment

I think a total of 24 runs were scored by both team. McKeever hit a HR. O'Brien had two doubles. Baez looked more comfortable at 2nd. Alot of singles.

Field looked good (pictures maybe later). It is definitely different. No more the spongy feel of astro turf. Feels like hard sandy ground.

The field played much slower than the astro turf, but faster than normal grass.

Comment

It was a beautiful afternoon at the ballpark. I did not get there until the 4th inning so I can't give a full report, but the White team beat the Gray team 13-7. It was a rough day for the pitchers and everyone that I saw throw looked pretty rusty. I am excited to see Micah Green play. The kid is built like a brick you know what and he absolutely crushed a ball that got out over the center field fence before you could blink your eye. He has some serious power. McKeever also hit one out to left center.

Went out on the field after the game and I do have to admit that it does feel pretty close to grass. I took off my flip flops and walked around on it barefoot and it is a very soft playing surface. I still don't care too much for the color of the basepaths but it is very nice and I think the players will like it a lot. Overall a very enjoyable afternoon.

Comment

WICHITA, Kan. - The White squad defeated the Gray squad 13-7 in an intrasquad game at Eck Stadium.

Comment

Pitchers didn't look sharp without there curve ball. Made the hitters looked ahead of the pitchers. Middle infield look very good for both teams. Grimes and Harbutz both sparkled at short. Baez showed range at second. Engrav struggled in right. maybe the sun? Green hit a bomb to dead center that had to be a 420 foot shot. Most of the returners looked improved at the plate from last year. Check box score. The new guys did impress me. The freshman pitchers will add Titles for WSU. Mateychick, LaBrie, and McGreevy all pitched solid. Davidson, Coy, Bayliff, and Muncrief did not play.
              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Comment

Just to add to the newcomers who looked good ...

Nate Goro played third for the Gray team. He was 4-5, and every ball was hit right on the nose -- no cheapies in the bunch.

And, to second an earlier observation, Micah Green's HR was a freaking rope. Very impressed with those two guys and with Harbutz, Springer and Bennett, as well.

It's gonna be a fun fall.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

The pictures unfortunately do not do the field justice. The grass is darker and a VERY natural color. We will definitely have an advantage over visiting teams with the way the basepaths run/slide. Also there is no dirt around the bases and no visual indication as to where the man on first can take his lead off of. You know where the base runner either has a foot on the turf or a foot just before the turf to give him some idea of where he is. The players look bigger and stronger this fall than they have in a while but like it was stated earlier the hitters had an advantage over the pitchers this day. A question for anyone/all...Do the catchers call all pitches during the fall or does BK call them.

Comment

Here are some of my pics from yesterday - they all feature future Shocker baseball star Lil' ShockBand. My family sometimes accuses me of trying to make him be a lefty (he really is!) in order to improve his lot in athletics. Me, living vicariously? Never! :)

OK, the last one doesn't show much turf, but its just so darn cute!
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Where was Johnny Coy yesterday?
                        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Turf looks like plush teddy bear fabric. 8)

Comment

Shock wave says Coy has hamstring problem
                            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Thanks for the analysis and pictures guys.

Are they doing a fall world series this year or not? I could've swore in the past it usually happens during the last week of September into early October.. but I could be wrong..
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X