This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexton calls Coy's Dad

Mr. Sexton called our dad this morning. According to our dad Mr. Sexton gave him all the answers he wanted to hear. Mr. Sexton was well aware of the agreements and promises that were made to allow Johnny to play both sports and he said Johnny did nothing wrong and he would rectify the situation the best he could. That is all my dad wanted to hear. There was obviously poor communication on the coaches side and Johnny was hurt because of it. He said everyone involved needed to look forward and not look back. My dad agreed with everything he said on the phone and hopefully everything will work out great for everyone involved. I feel if the athletic program gets ripped when they deserve it, they should also get praised when they deserve it. People need to know that Mr. Sexton is trying to make a poor situation the best it can possibly be.

Please, for all involved, and EVERYONE ELSE, please please stop.

And I mean EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Comment

My very first post... seems like a good place to jump in. I agree adamantly with WuDrWu. Just doesn't seem like it helps ANYONE... much less the program... to be hashing out what I would deem to be private conversations on a public message board. But what do I know... I'm a newbie.
      ** aka Sunshine **

Comment

Originally posted by WSU_Mom
        My very first post... seems like a good place to jump in. I agree adamantly with WuDrWu. Just doesn't seem like it helps ANYONE... much less the program... to be hashing out what I would deem to be private conversations on a public message board. But what do I know... I'm a newbie.
        Seems like you get it.

:posterwsu:

Comment

I've found that all moms are wise beyond their years, and their intuitions are almost always correct. And for good reason. They know.

Comment

WOW... thank you! I would have posted earlier if I had only known I would get such a warm welcome.
            ** aka Sunshine **

Comment

Well, in my judgment, your considered opinion is spot on in this case.

Comment

JC

It was not fun reading all the bashing Johnny was taking before the truth came out. I didn't read anyone on here asking for this thread to end when "lies" were being made up about Johnny. Now it's not o.k. to write about true events, but it's ok just to speculate, guess, lie, exaggerate, etc. earlier about why Johnny left the team. I have asked numerous times to end the thread, but when people continue to talk about it, I will continue to tell the truth about what is happening rather than to let someone guess or lie about the truth.

Comment

RC20, I think once the dust is now starting to settle, the vast majority of readers are not placing blame on Johnny. It seems it was FUBAR due to communication issues within the WSU family and athletic department. I have belief the AD will get to the bottom of it and ensure everyone learns from it. The main issue now is that Johnny gets the education he deserves and successfully transitions to the baseball program.
                  Shocker Nation is excited to see Johnny play baseball at Wichita State, and I'm glad he's a Shocker!

Comment

rc20... going to give you some motherly advice here. You can take it or leave it. The best thing about it is that it is free.

Anytime one becomes a D1 athlete in a respected program, there will be talk (good, bad and/or indifferent) about the athlete. It could be on this board, facebook, myspace, etc. Thing is... if your brother continues down this D1 path and possibly down a professional path... you're going to have to develop thicker skin. There is no way you can continue to "tell the truth" on all of the various avenues. If it continues to bother you, I would suggest that you no longer frequent this board or even google your brother.

That's it for me today... I'm way over my posting count for a wannabe.

Good luck to your brother. Let's play baseball!!!
                    ** aka Sunshine **

Comment

rc20... going to give you some motherly advice here. You can take it or leave it. The best thing about it is that it is free.

Anytime one becomes a D1 athlete in a respected program, there will be talk (good, bad and/or indifferent) about the athlete. It could be on this board, facebook, myspace, etc. Thing is... if your brother continues down this D1 path and possibly down a professional path... you're going to have to develop thicker skin. There is no way you can continue to "tell the truth" on all of the various avenues. If it continues to bother you, I would suggest that you no longer frequent this board or even google your brother.

:good:

Comment

Re: JC

Originally posted by rc20
                        It was not fun reading all the bashing Johnny was taking before the truth came out. I didn't read anyone on here asking for this thread to end when "lies" were being made up about Johnny. Now it's not o.k. to write about true events, but it's ok just to speculate, guess, lie, exaggerate, etc. earlier about why Johnny left the team. I have asked numerous times to end the thread, but when people continue to talk about it, I will continue to tell the truth about what is happening rather than to let someone guess or lie about the truth.
                        All I am saying, and this WILL be the last time I comment on anything related to Johnny except his performance on the baseball field, is that all of this should be private between the people involved. I am not involved, nor is essentially everyone on this board. You are providing 1 side...Johnny provided his side in the media. I suspect anyone else involved will let us know through the media when and if they want us to know more, or a different view of the events.

All I know is this crap from EVERYONE is not helping the situation in any way, shape or form and we should all be big enough to not only admit that, but to stay above the fray. Has there not been enough damage already?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. People need to get thicker skin, realize what is really important, take some personal responsibility and get their collective noses out of where they don't belong and move on.

Comment

Solid post Mom. While I prefer the perspective that rc is providing in the situation, it is just one side of it. And this is also why you rarely see athletes, coaches, members of the university, members of the media, etc. posting on message boards. The only "media" member I've ever seen posting in message boards around the Valley is the great Matty P... and that says a lot about his professionalism, well.. lack thereof.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I had fun going through posts on this issue, speculations is all i read. WU Dr. WU had one post that said there is only one person this reflects poorly upon and he's a kid. I totally disagree. As for the wsu mom, great advice. Especially when you are a pro and already have it made. Let someone go after your kids in college. I always heard don't mess with a mother and her kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X