No announcement yet.

Grimes Injured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just guessing, but I think that Tyler was becoming a clubhouse leader at the end of the season.

I LOVED his reaction after the leadoff double to start the game. That's some of the fire this team has missed most of the year.

I hope that Tyler can continue to be a leader in the dugout and that the rest of the kids will use this as a rallying point.

Why not us?

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Brown has had a nice season at the plate.He was our most consistant hitter for the first 2 months.That said,I'd rather see Sossaman play SS and O"Brien at 3B.TB can DH.Maybe Grimes can Pinch run and score a big run for us to win a game.Get well soon T Grimes!!

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce
        Brown has had a nice season at the plate.He was our most consistant hitter for the first 2 months.That said,I'd rather see Sossaman play SS and O"Brien at 3B.TB can DH.Maybe Grimes can Pinch run and score a big run for us to win a game.Get well soon T Grimes!!
        I disagree. Ilike Brown at Short, Soss at third and DH O'Brien. That gives us bette range and O'Brien seems to hit much better when he is DH.

Comment

I want Soss at third. OB just doesn't have range there.

Comment

Has to be Chance at 3rd and Taylor at short.....COB simply does not field well at all yet and Sossy is into leather.

Taylor should do NOTHING but work on bunting this week....NOTHING.

Comment

Who hits lead off now?

Comment

Good question shocker22. Here is how I would set the line-up for this weekend. I might flip-flop Engrav and Jones, but I love the way Jones has been swinging the bat over the past few weeks and I would like to see him get more AB's.

1. W. Baez
                2. C. Lassley
                3. R. Jones
                4. C. McKeever
                5. R. Engrav
                6. C. O'Brien
                7. B. Bascue
                8. C. Sossaman
                9. T. Brown

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
                  Good question shocker22. Here is how I would set the line-up for this weekend. I might flip-flop Engrav and Jones, but I love the way Jones has been swinging the bat over the past few weeks and I would like to see him get more AB's.

1. W. Baez
                  2. C. Lassley
                  3. R. Jones
                  4. C. McKeever
                  5. R. Engrav
                  6. C. O'Brien
                  7. B. Bascue
                  8. C. Sossaman
                  9. T. Brown
                  From what I have read/ heard baez hits alot better out of the 3 instead of leadoff. I think I would just replace Grimes with Brown and keep the same lineup as it has been working alright so far.

1. Brown
                  2. Lassley
                  3. Baez
                  4. Keev
                  5. Engrav
                  6. Jones
                  7. O'Brien
                  8. Bascue
                  9. Soss

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                    Originally posted by shocks771

1. W. Baez
                    2. C. Lassley
                    3. R. Jones
                    4. C. McKeever
                    5. R. Engrav
                    6. C. O'Brien
                    7. B. Bascue
                    8. C. Sossaman
                    9. T. Brown
                    From what I have read/ heard baez hits alot better out of the 3 instead of leadoff. I think I would just replace Grimes with Brown and keep the same lineup as it has been working alright so far.

1. Brown
                    2. Lassley
                    3. Baez
                    4. Keev
                    5. Engrav
                    6. Jones
                    7. O'Brien
                    8. Bascue
                    9. Soss
                    I agree with keeping Baez in the 3 hole but you cannot put Brown in lead off. Guy is terrible on the bases and doesn't have much for speed. When I said he was terrible on the bases I mean I would rather have O'Brien at lead off hes that bad on the bases. I'd do this...

1 Jones
                    2 Lassley
                    3 Baez
                    4 McKeever
                    5 Engrav
                    6 O'Brien
                    7 Bascue
                    8 Brown
                    9 Sossamon

Comment

I'd go with Baez leading off over Jones.

While both of them seem to have their confidence back now at the plate Will's numbers are more suited to the lead-off spot.

He's the team leader in walks and SB and is No. 2 in On-base Pct. (.411, compared to .364 for Jones)

He also doesn't strike out much, unlike Jones, who is tied with Grimes for the team lead with 50. Baez Ks roughly once every 6 ABs, while Jones whiffs once every 4 ABs.

Also, Jonesy has much better RBI and slugging numbers than Baez, which would tend to indicate a lower order position.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
                        I'd go with Baez leading off over Jones.

While both of them seem to have their confidence back now at the plate Will's numbers are more suited to the lead-off spot.

He's the team leader in walks and SB and is No. 2 in On-base Pct. (.411, compared to .364 for Jones)

He also doesn't strike out much, unlike Jones, who is tied with Grimes for the team lead with 50. Baez Ks roughly once every 6 ABs, while Jones whiffs once every 4 ABs.

Also, Jonesy has much better RBI and slugging numbers than Baez, which would tend to indicate a lower order position.
                        Well when you go by the numbers that tally for the year, yes... your right. But of late Jones isn't striking out nearly as much because he isn't chasing so many down and away pitches. Baez has a tendency to make mistakes on the bases as well. Even though he has better steal numbers I don't trust him to not goof when in front of guys that can drive him in. I do trust Jones however. I think Baez is more comfortable in the 3 hole. Jones I think should be comfortable anywhere in the line up now that he has learned to hold off on the down and away pitches for the most part and isn't getting racked up so often. Grimes is tied for the team lead in strike outs with Jones but he was a better lead off guy than Baez none the less. I don't know maybe its 6 one way half a dozen the other. The loss of Grimes is going to show and hurt more in the field than at the plate I'm afraid. No matter the line up or order guys need to find a way this weekend and thats really all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                        X