Norman!!! Who's Going???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC
    Lots of posts and words about a dinky, little-league type stadium at a BCS school.

What's to argue about?

I listened to the OU broadcast in 2006 and the announcers were practically begging fans to come to the ballpark for the WSU game so there would be a last some semblance of a home field.
    I actually remember listening to that.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
      Originally posted by WichitaSooner
      Originally posted by martymoose
      I don't really think we can put ourselves in OU's shoes, granted their ballpark is small, but I'd be curious to know how their attendance compares to other large BCS schools who have a football and basketball presence and have baseball teams in the top 25.
      There aren't a BUNCH of schools that fit the bill....

Texas does well with baseball, but they definitely have the population to draw from. Austin is just a shade smaller than OKC, but San Antonio and Houston are both close.....

Florida is another candidate but I don't know what their baseball support is like.

LSU maybe????? But their basketball isn't usually that big of a draw.....

Any others?????

Arkansas does well in attendance for football, basketball and baseball. The only professional sports is the AA baseball team but we also don't have nearly the population base to draw from either.
      Another excellent point Charlie.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Here is the good word, they suspect GA / Standing / Outfield and maybe even a few Box seats will be available but you will have to buy in person @ 11:30AM.

I'm going to make 3 posts in the next minute saying this same thing because...

If some kind shockernet soul finds themselves in Norman tomorrow morning, would said kind soul be so kind as to kindly pick up two tickets to the evening game for me, please por favor. I will of course gladly pay back. If two box seats together are available, fantastic. If not, two outfield seats will be dandy as I can bring some chairs. Save that, anything that gets me in the door at this point I won't scoff at.

I'll edit my posts when I'm good to go and I'll mention that said kind person owns.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Originally posted by ABC
          Lots of posts and words about a dinky, little-league type stadium at a BCS school.

What's to argue about?

I listened to the OU broadcast in 2006 and the announcers were practically begging fans to come to the ballpark for the WSU game so there would be a last some semblance of a home field.
          I actually remember listening to that.
          So do I.After OU beat us on Sunday night to force the 2nd championship game for Monday.It was hilarious.

Comment

Regarding heading to Norman. Isn't that a funny name for a town?

How about Stan, Ed, Orville or Frank?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
              Regarding heading to Norman. Isn't that a funny name for a town?

How about Stan, Ed, Orville or Frank?
              They do have an Edmond pretty close by too. Also a Bethany.

OKC is just begging for stereotypes.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

For those not able to make it to Norman that want to watch the game its free...

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Working...
                X