For, Against, or Personal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock10
    I like baseball better than basketball so the CWS is better to me than the final 4.
    I'm with you on that!!!!!!
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by SekShocker
      Originally posted by shock10
      I like baseball better than basketball so the CWS is better to me than the final 4.
      The point was to the general sports fan it's not even close.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by SekShocker
        I realize that, but I for one enjoy the CWS a lot more than the final 4, now if the Shockers were in the final 4 and not the CWS than that would be a different story.
        THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Actually I think the point was that since basketball is more popular than baseball that it is harder to get to the final 4 than the CWS. I would make the assertion that the exact opposite is true.

There are so many changing variables as part of a baseball game that I think it is much harder to consistently win in baseball than in any other major sport. This is proven daily by the # of "upsets" at all levels of baseball as compared to basketball and football. Further evidence is the fact that post season play is double elimination to help offset this. Even the CWS final is now the best 2 out of 3 to ensure that the best team actually wins.

Comment

I don't think anyone is arguing this...??

P.S. I'd rather go to a college baseball game over a Royals game any day.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_
              I am not here to say Gene is outstanding and amazing and can't be faulted or questioned, but I would like to know why people think we will have a better chance at being successful without him?
              As long as Gene is winning he will be tolerated. But If this year is anything more than an anomaly or fluke, there will not be much patience in Wichita. Gene turns off people by his action on and off the field. Also, let face it Wichita supports a winner, if your not winning then they have plenty of other things to capture their attention (I'm talking about the casual Wichita fan, not the hardcore WSU fans who will support the team rain or shine).

This critiscism has not just started this year. WSU will have only won the MVC 4 out 8 times in the last 8 year (counting this year). This is after dominating the MVC for 14 years. Make up your excuses, but this is not the same program as it was in the 90's. WSU should be dominating the MVC year in and year out.

Comment

• If we have 2 or 3 more seasons like this one I will be right there with you. I just think it shows people's ignorance when we are coming off of two consecutive Super Regional appearances and already have the winningest coach in the history of college baseball. Then you factor in the losses of unexpected draft signees and injuries and people just look stupid for suggesting its time for Gene to go right now.

Comment

Working...
                X