No announcement yet.

For, Against, or Personal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i guess shockerfanmas is pretty much saying that since KU basketball program isnt nearly as good as it seems since they play Washburn and emporia state every year. Good logic there pal
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
      lol, oh i love it how people get all riled up when someone says something against our beloved coach Gene Stephenson. I'm sorry that people have different opinions when it comes to the man, and that some people are just so far up his arse that they refuse to see anything negative about the guy. Yes, the man has done great things for WSU baseball, but his record is still overinflated, and he's still not the king like some of you think he is. I'm saying things that are not that big of a secret.. that he got a lot of wins against non division 1 teams, and that he is Mr. negative these days when it comes to his players. Defend the guy all you want, and I know some of you will. But he has his flaws, just like everybody else does. We all know that he isn't going anywhere until he's ready to, and we can agree to disagree about whether he still deserves to be here or not. I personally think it's time for a change, and I'm sorry if that makes me a bad guy. I think this team has a lot of talent, and for whatever reason, they have no heart. Is that because Gene has ripped it out of them? Because they weren't tough to begin with? Who knows? But as a former coach, when I hear a coach say that he doesn't have anymore answers and that he's giving up on his team, that makes me question whether or not the guy still has it. I'm done with this subject, I'm not gonna get into petty argument with people that have a hard-on for the guy and don't understand where I'm comin from.
      and how many NCAA baseball National championship do you have?
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

In my judgment, a lot of people commenting in this thread specifically about Coach Stephenson and the baseball program in general appear to be “spoiled”.

Comment

lol, oh i love it how people get all riled up when someone says something against our beloved coach Gene Stephenson. I'm sorry that people have different opinions when it comes to the man, and that some people are just so far up his arse that they refuse to see anything negative about the guy. Yes, the man has done great things for WSU baseball, but his record is still overinflated, and he's still not the king like some of you think he is. I'm saying things that are not that big of a secret.. that he got a lot of wins against non division 1 teams, and that he is Mr. negative these days when it comes to his players. Defend the guy all you want, and I know some of you will. But he has his flaws, just like everybody else does. We all know that he isn't going anywhere until he's ready to, and we can agree to disagree about whether he still deserves to be here or not. I personally think it's time for a change, and I'm sorry if that makes me a bad guy. I think this team has a lot of talent, and for whatever reason, they have no heart. Is that because Gene has ripped it out of them? Because they weren't tough to begin with? Who knows? But as a former coach, when I hear a coach say that he doesn't have anymore answers and that he's giving up on his team, that makes me question whether or not the guy still has it. I'm done with this subject, I'm not gonna get into petty argument with people that have a hard-on for the guy and don't understand where I'm comin from.
          You know what I love? People who make fun of people for getting 'riled up', but then respond with a five-paragraph defensive essay themselves.

Are you really that naive or stupid enough to believe that Gene has only 'ripped' into this team this year only and you think that's the reason for its downfall? Wow, can't get much stupider than that.

You're done, eh?
          Probably a good thing seeing how you know little to nothing in regards to college baseball.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

pot meet kettle
            THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              so i guess shockerfanmas is pretty much saying that since KU basketball program isnt nearly as good as it seems since they play Washburn and emporia state every year. Good logic there pal
              Your logic might be correct if KU was playing half their games in a season against Washburn and ESU. What he's really referring to is in the early 80's WSU would play alot of games against non-div I competition. For instance in 1982 when WSU went 73-14, they played ~29 games against non-div I competition.

Comment

Originally posted by William
                pot meet kettle
                Please explain, Billy, for I'm too low on the totem pole to understand your mind.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  pot meet kettle
                  Please explain, Billy, for I'm too low on the totem pole to understand your mind.
                  You reprimand other posters about their lack of baseball knowledge, yet reading your serial posting I don't get the sense that you yourself have much depth in that regard, but you do excell at being argumentative I'll give you that.
                  THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    pot meet kettle
                    You reprimand other posters about their lack of baseball knowledge, yet reading your serial posting I don't get the sense that you yourself have much depth in that regard, but you do excell at being argumentative I'll give you that.
                    If it's because I didn't get the 'fat kid' comment, then ya you got me. But if you put together a college baseball quiz for me to take, I bet you'd be surprised by the results and be offering up an apology.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Gene is Da Man!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Thank you SB Shock!! Finally somebody that understands and knows what I'm talking about. Yes, the 80's, when Gene scheduled mostly NAIA games for his non-conference schedule. That's a lot different than KU or WSU or any other basketball school playing EXHIBITION games against non d-1 competition. Understand newshock? The key word is exhibition. If you can't come up with a better defense than that, then don't even talk to me. I'm with wudrwu and am about ready to delete my account because of how hard headed, ignorant, and stupid some of these posters are. fortunately, only 2 come to mind so far

Comment

lI'm done with this subject, I'm not gonna get into petty argument with people that have a hard-on for the guy and don't understand where I'm comin from.
                          I dunno what's funnier.. the irony of the above quote or that the guy thinks Doc is on his side.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In 1982 they were in the college world series so the number of non-D1 games is really insignificant other than Gene's win total. I guess you can call Gene old school, the players are different now, this team is young or whatever you want to but the train is no longer on the tracks.

They lost several starters to the draft from last years team but even if you go back to last year what did they really accomplish? A super regional appearance against a team that was head and shoulders above them. I was at the championship game between the cowpokes and Shocks and I knew it didn't matter who won that game because whichever team won was going to be Florida States road to the CWS.

I think what appears to be obvious is Gene cannot field a team to compete with today's college baseball environment. You cannot score 1-5 runs and expect to win and go to the CWS. The game is now built around hitting and he has not adapted.

Comment

Pretty fair and balanced post by Trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger
                                I think what appears to be obvious is Gene cannot field a team to compete with today's college baseball environment. You cannot score 1-5 runs and expect to win and go to the CWS. The game is now built around hitting and he has not adapted.
                                This point, I believe, is what many of the outspoken people think.

These kids can't hit, and don't show any signs of fixing it either. That comes down to the coaches not recruiting players that will help cntribute to 10-15 run games that you need in order to outlast the other team.

Comment

Working...
                                X