Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldguy24
    Originally posted by Aargh
    We're going to need more than 2 starters and 2 relievers. So far, that's all we've got. There is potential for more than that, but potential doesn't win ball games.

Muncrief looked good. Still trying to figure out who the second one is. Banwart maybe Guy. Muncrief had to bail out Hutson so that can't be him. Help me out here please. I know Fleming in April when he comes back. Maybe Maune.... Is that the second guy??????
    I had Maune as the second reliever. That's a bit of a stretch considering his limited appearances.

My point is that regardless of how much suckage other Valley teams have, WSU's needs to develop some pitching depth or those sucky teams are going to look like the '27 Yankees late in games against WSU.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
      Originally posted by haysdb
      Boat-raced? Huh?
      Yes. And I look for the same against BYU.
      What the hell does that mean KC?
      The Boat Race, also known as the University Boat Race and The Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race, is a rowing race in England between the Oxford University Boat Club and the Cambridge University Boat Club. It is rowed annually each spring on the Thames in London.
      A boat race is a drinking game between (usually) two teams of equal numbers. Rules vary widely but normally involve a team drinking in series and aiming to finish first. The game is common in some university cultures and appeared in the Broken Lizard movie Beerfest.

Comment

I like to do the motor boat! :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
          Boat-raced? Huh?
          Yes. And I look for the same against BYU.
          What the hell does that mean KC?
          The Boat Race, also known as the University Boat Race and The Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race, is a rowing race in England between the Oxford University Boat Club and the Cambridge University Boat Club. It is rowed annually each spring on the Thames in London.
          A boat race is a drinking game between (usually) two teams of equal numbers. Rules vary widely but normally involve a team drinking in series and aiming to finish first. The game is common in some university cultures and appeared in the Broken Lizard movie Beerfest.
          I first heard this term used by the KU Coach when the Shox destroyed them in Lawrence 18-3 on March 14, 2007. In his postgame interview, the KU coach said they were "boatraced" out there by the Shockers tonight, I.E. they got spanked.

I've heard Mike Kennedy and Gregg Marshall (I believe against the 20+ loss against UNI this season) use the same term. So there you have it.

Comment

Here's the Urban Dictionary's definition.

To be beaten very badly at something, especially in such a fashion that you were behind from the start and never had a chance. Comes from the Boat Race, an annual rowing competition between Oxford and Cambridge, in which the first side to get ahead can move to the middle of the river (where the current is fastest) and is almost never overtaken thereafter.

Comment

I didn't realize KC Shox was Oxford educated.

Comment

i immediately assumed boat-raced was the socially acceptable way of saying butt-raped.

and i think thats what most people mean when they say it.
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Working...
                X