Any reports from fall ball ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reports from fall ball ?

Has anybody watched any of the fall ball ? I was told that Conner is tearing it up. Any reports would be great. Living in SMS land is killing me !!!

:goshocks:

Seriously, this is pathetic. Practice has been going on for a week and not a darn thing posted here about it. Does anyone miss me yet?

Comment

David,

If I could hire you back to Wichita at twice your salary I would.....it is not the same without you.

Comment

Please do not expect this report to be as quality a report as David would provide. I do not possess the baseball analytical skills of David. I enjoy Shocker baseball and have for the last 20 years so I went out to the Eck for the Saturday scrimmage to get my Shocker baseball fix. It has been much too long since early June and the regional and super regional.

Please forgive any misspellings as I did not have a roster and obviously they were not in uniform with names on the back.

All of the pitching was done by newcomers except for Tyson Fugett who pitched well. Since I had no clue as to the newcomers names and faces I was unable to make any evaluation of performances. The veterans seemed to have no problem hitting the newcomers pitching. I was told Tyler Fleming and Logan Hoch pitched.

Conor was a reserve on Saturday. Don't look for him to play much until the fall World Series so coaches can evaluate the newcomers. He indicated he was 10 for 12 since practice started or some ungodly %. He did play 1 inning and his one at bat drove a ball to the right field wall on one hop for a double.

Ryan Jones drove a ball to the right center field wall and during the season I would except that hit to be a double. However, whoever was setting the alignment for the defense had the center fielder in position to make an easy catch.

Bret Bascue is still rehabing his should surgery and did not play. Players seeing little action last season and their respective positions were:

Kenny Williams center field
        Kyle Sisney second base
        Harrison Dreiling shortstop
        Clint McKeever first base
        Cody Lassley catcher

Josh Workman played second base

New comers who played and position (if known)
        Roberto Rios third base
        Mitch Caster left field (from Goddard)
        Remington Johnson (walk on from Goddard)
        Grant Muncrief
        Cameron Maldunado

Roberto Rios is a younger brother of Christina Rios of the WSU softball team.

Max Hutson has a nasty looking scar on his left elbow from his surgery. Khol Nanney is day to day.

Next weekend I will try to make a concerted effort to put names and faces together with a more meaningful analysis. Maybe David can sneek back to Wichita and provide his usual quality anaysis of everything Shocker baseball.

WSUBB00

Comment

Thanks for the update, any info is appreciated. :goshocks:

Comment

thanks alot. great to hear anything.
            veni, vidi, vici

Comment

I hope to make it to a few practies after I get back to Wichita next week.

Don't expect DHays type of reporting from me though. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Bless you!

Conor has nothing to prove this fall. We are going to be leaning heavily on him next spring. With Derek gone, and no insult to any other player, but Conor is "the guy" next spring. As hard as he works ALL THE TIME, more practice is about the last thing he needs this fall.

How is Josh throwing? His ability to play second base will be a big key for us this spring. And for Josh. Being the DH for two years cannot have been fun.

How is Kenny Williams doing? Is he still switch hitting, and is he hitting anything out of the infield? That's a cheap shot, but Kenny had a horrible fall last year. I know he has the ability - tremendous speed and a strong arm in particular. If he comes to the ballpark everyday with something to prove, he could be an important part of this team next spring.

How does Kyle Sisney look? I have never seen the young man play. The only time I even saw him take infield was at Pepperdine last spring. The one throw I saw him make sailed about TWENTY FEET over Derek's head. :D I love that kid. I never ever saw him last fall with a frown on his face. And the kid worked hard to rehab his knee. Hard worker, great attitude, what's not to like?

How does Harrison look at the plate? For a skinny kid, he's got some pop.

I miss my boys. :cry: Any news is precious to me, and I promise not to make fun of your grammar or spelling. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                  I miss my boys. :cry: Any news is precious to me, and I promise not to make fun of your grammar or spelling. ;-)
                  David, you SURPRISE me. I thought you had 24/7 video stream set up at Eck stadium, complete with announcers. I am so astonished to find out that is apparently not true.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
                    Originally posted by haysdb
                    David, you SURPRISE me. I thought you had 24/7 video stream set up at Eck stadium, complete with announcers. I am so astonished to find out that is apparently not true.
                    So, im4wsu, are you starting a fundraiser (for "24/7 video stream set up at Eck stadium" for David)?
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                      So, im4wsu, are you starting a fundraiser (for "24/7 video stream set up at Eck stadium" for David)?
                      Yes. Send me your check and once it reaches the required amount, I will set up the video stream. It might take two checks from everybody to get the audio feed too.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Shocker-Cam. 24x7 feed from the ballpark. Cool.

Comment

More important than Fall Ball right now! Have you all sent in your contribution and/or pledge commitment for the new indoor practice facility and stadium/field upgrades?

I did mine last week. Would have liked to have done more but did commit enough to get my name on the Wall of Honor. Sometimes success is painful.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Anybody have an idea on how a walk-on named Dustin Kuhn is doing?

Comment

Where is Dustin from and what postion does he play

Comment

Working...
                              X