Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is Da Shox a suspect?

Comment

According to the info on page 1 that is the identity of the ebay seller.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        The silence from DaShox right now is deafening.
        Rosewood caught started this on Friday and DaShox hasn't posted since wednesday, at least that is what the search brought up.

Comment

I had a busy weekend but really I am waiting for DaShox to say something and what he says / does will greatly influence my reaction. I have filed the proper paperwork with ebay so I wait on that front too. I don't check shockernet every day in the off season so I can't expect him to either.

Yes, originally I linked to the other pano but I fixed it shortly there after.

Staff edit: I'm really uncomfortable with posting PMs on the board, so I have removed them from this post. -RS

Comment

I'm not sure if I should weigh into this discussion ... but I will. I am not a great fan of "intellectual property" (IP) claims; my computers use the "free" (i.e. open source) operating system Linux, "free" (i.e. open source) software like Apache and xfig, my work uses the "science" literature which is freely open to everyone and I don't usually put IP restrictions on the products I produce. In some cases, I support IP claims and this happens to be one such case. In general, proponents of IP claims often
            (1) ignore "fair use" and the legal doctrine behind it
            (2) attempt to violate civil rights (e.g. privacy) and/or make outrageous claims of harm (e.g. RIAA) or
            (3) suppress or reduce intellectual or artistic creativity (e.g. patents, including software patents, used to reduce innovation or eliminate competition (e.g. Pharmaceutical companies, software companies, record or film companies)).
            In many cases, people making IP claims know that (a) they don't actually own the IP or (b) know their claims are not valid and still attempt to blackmail others into paying. For example, look at SCO http://www.groklaw.net/index.php. The academic and scientific world, especially science and medicine, could be harmed by certain IP claims and certain areas of investigation could be eliminated by such claims.

I hope this matter is resolved in a manner which keeps this community (ShockerNet) undivided and intact while protecting Rosewood's rights to her/his work. If DaShox made a mistake, I hope he/she owns up to it, we forgive him/her and we move on. I can't imagine that the amount of money in question is substantial for any of the parties involved.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I didn't want to bring this up, but I will anyway... :)

A lot of you guys weren't around here, but about 5 years ago or so, I bought some Shocker games (WSU vs KU @ New Orleans) from a fella on Ebay. You can probably guess who (Tripel-s) who I had no idea was a poster on Shockernet. Several weeks later I mentioned in a thread on here that I had them and several people asked if they could have copies. I agreed to make copies at cost for whoever wanted them. This wasn't very smart of me since I was violating Copyrights with CBS, ABC, or whoever it was that televised the game, but I'm not very good at abiding by copyrights. Well, that same day, a very distrot and angry poster by the name of DaShox posted on the thread. He didn't know how I could stab a fellow Shocker fan in the back by basically stealing what he was doing. He didn't own the copyright to the game; I don't even think he recorded it in the first place. Although I wasn't profiting from it, I apologized to Dashox, gave copies to a few posters at my cost and that was that. Shortly there after I got an email from WSU asking me not to sell copyrighted material and a day or 2 later his videos were pulled off Ebay.

Until now, I had kind of felt bad for giving out the videos that Dashox had sold me. Clearly DaShox doesn't live by the same standards he believes others should live by. He wants to profit on the effort of others.

BTW, I have since trashed those videos, because a generous Shocker fan gave me satellite feeds of a few old WSU games including that one on DVD and are excellent quality.

Some of you know that awhile back I sold some DVD's. I used a lot of pictures on the DVD itself and to create the DVD case. I made sure to contact the photographer before I used the pictures. Didn't want something like this to happen to me....

Comment

And the plot thickens...talk about off-season drama at its finest.

Comment

I guess we needed something to spice things up around here
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Marty I remember this entire episode. You were dished out some serious grief. Thanks for making me one of the copies.

Originally posted by martymoose
                    I didn't want to bring this up, but I will anyway... :)

A lot of you guys weren't around here, but about 5 years ago or so, I bought some Shocker games (WSU vs KU @ New Orleans) from a fella on Ebay. You can probably guess who (Tripel-s) who I had no idea was a poster on Shockernet. Several weeks later I mentioned in a thread on here that I had them and several people asked if they could have copies. I agreed to make copies at cost for whoever wanted them. This wasn't very smart of me since I was violating Copyrights with CBS, ABC, or whoever it was that televised the game, but I'm not very good at abiding by copyrights. Well, that same day, a very distrot and angry poster by the name of DaShox posted on the thread. He didn't know how I could stab a fellow Shocker fan in the back by basically stealing what he was doing. He didn't own the copyright to the game; I don't even think he recorded it in the first place. Although I wasn't profiting from it, I apologized to Dashox, gave copies to a few posters at my cost and that was that. Shortly there after I got an email from WSU asking me not to sell copyrighted material and a day or 2 later his videos were pulled off Ebay.

Until now, I had kind of felt bad for giving out the videos that Dashox had sold me. Clearly DaShox doesn't live by the same standards he believes others should live by. He wants to profit on the effort of others.

BTW, I have since trashed those videos, because a generous Shocker fan gave me satellite feeds of a few old WSU games including that one on DVD and are excellent quality.

Some of you know that awhile back I sold some DVD's. I used a lot of pictures on the DVD itself and to create the DVD case. I made sure to contact the photographer before I used the pictures. Didn't want something like this to happen to me....

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      I guess we needed something to spice things up around here
                      hmm... I'm a bit surprised that our friends on ValleyTalk haven't caught wind of this saga... we all know how they love the certain poster in question.
                      :D
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I am not entirely sure that airing this out on a public thread is the best way to resolve this. Private communication involving damages and reparations would seem to be a little more appropriate, given the number of people who know the actual identities of so many posters on here.

Just a thought.

Comment

Thats no fun

Comment

I guess DASHOX should of thought of that before he thought it would be cool to steal someone else's work.
                            I had Martin explain to me three times what he got arrested for because it sounds an awful lot like what I do here every day.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89
                              I am not entirely sure that airing this out on a public thread is the best way to resolve this. Private communication involving damages and reparations would seem to be a little more appropriate, given the number of people who know the actual identities of so many posters on here.

Just a thought.
                              I feel I explained why I want this out in the open in my message to him, but please allow me reiterate some points here.

* What he did was not only an offense against me, but against this community. So what he has to say should be address to everyone.

* I wanted to give him a chance to explain himself to everyone, not just me. When I found out about this, I did not know it was DaShox that was involved. That is why I posted here instead of going directly to him. Since he has been "called out," it is only fair that he gets a chance to reply.

* I feel things like this are best resolved in an open forum. This way everyone is clear on what has and hasn't been said, etc. It also helps keep things more civil.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood

I feel I explained why I want this out in the open in my message to him, but please allow me reiterate some points here.

* What he did was not only an offense against me, but against this community. So what he has to say should be address to everyone.

* I wanted to give him a chance to explain himself to everyone, not just me. When I found out about this, I did not know it was DaShox that was involved. That is why I posted here instead of going directly to him. Since he has been "called out," it is only fair that he gets a chance to reply.

* I feel things like this are best resolved in an open forum. This way everyone is clear on what has and hasn't been said, etc. It also helps keep things more civil.
                                I can understand the initial period when this did go public, but it seems once you posted his response of, it should have been settled off forum.

Staff edit: PM text removed.

What more could you ask for? He apologized and then asked for what he could do to make it right.

Know I am finding this kind of melodramatic, I personally don't feel offended and It looks like from my perspective your trying to drag this out for your own ego.

Before you continue to drag this through the streets of Shockernet, you may want to consider whether you are without sin. Have you violated somebody copyright lately? Have you been pirating some software or music in the past. If not, please post your picture of yourself walking on water and fire away.

Comment

Working...
                                X