No announcement yet.

Best game you ever saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really wasn't a very good game but beating Florida State in there park. You know any time we BEAT a BCS school in there place....
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Originally posted by shocker3
      The best games I saw in person had to be: 1. First WSU win over CU in 1991 CWS (the throw), 2. WSU 5, UT 3 1989 National championship game, 3. WSU over OSU in 2008 regional championship (Mac Grand Slam).

The game that I had the best feeling afterwards had to be the 1989 national championship game. No game has come close to that one, but the 1991 WSU-CU game was definitely a better game.

I was tense and on the edge of my seat for the entire game. It was amazing how quiet those 20,000 Nebraska fans got right after "the throw" (the few hundred Shocker fans in the stadium did make a lot of noise at that point). :wsu_posters:
      Fixed.

Thanks for fixing it. It was pretty funny 99% of the fans rooting for CU that were wearing a CU shirt had the exact same shirt (many of the others rooting for CU were wearing UNL football shirts).

A local grocery store chain- Bakers (the Dillons of Omaha) was selling this CU CWS tee shirt.

It was about the only CU shirt seen at the CWS. It was obvious that these new CU baseball fans didn't own anything with CU on it and had to go to the local grocery store to get a tee shirt to wear to the CWS games. :wsu_posters:

Comment

1989 National Championship game and others to be replayed on KFH beginning Monday at 6:00 pm.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If this thread is still viable, then WSU vs Louisiana Tech, Mar 8, 2020!

Embarrassing but probably true.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

McKeever’s grand salami in StillH2O was the best college baseball moment that I had ever seen.

Even though the Shockers lost, the super regional against Irvine was ridiculously intense. The fact that both games were low scoring almost made it better because there were so many opportunities to burst the dam, so when WSU tied the game down to its last out, Eck Stadium did its best Koch Arena impression.

Gosh, I hope we host another regional and/or super regional soon. Those were so much fun.
            78-65

Comment

So many to choose from, but I'll go with an underdog performance for mine. The 2003 MVC Conference Tournament championship game against SIU. The Shockers were on the bubble that year for an at-large and obviously winning the tournament would give us the auto bid. With depleted pitching, the Shox threw out lefty David Sanders (who didn't even make the travel squad earlier in the year at SIU). David was 7-4 that year with a 6.05 ERA, so any honest person was thinking the Shox's chances to win that game was going to be tough. He ended up throwing a 9 inning gem giving up only 4 hits and zero runs to win it for us.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                McKeever’s grand salami in StillH2O was the best college baseball moment that I had ever seen.

Even though the Shockers lost, the super regional against Irvine was ridiculously intense. The fact that both games were low scoring almost made it better because there were so many opportunities to burst the dam, so when WSU tied the game down to its last out, Eck Stadium did its best Koch Arena impression.

Gosh, I hope we host another regional and/or super regional soon. Those were so much fun.
                Were you at that game with me?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Were you at that game with me?
                  Stillwater? No, that was still a couple years before I met you. A friend of mine went with me that weekend.
                  78-65

Comment

AZ game with the walk off hit by DS to win it.

I saw lots of games in person in the early to mid 90's as a kid but none really stick out to me though as we just flat out dominated. Interestingly, I've always wondered how different the program might be be today had we won the the 2nd game of the Tallahassee Super Regional.

Comment

May 22, 1982 Cal state Fullerton Lawerence dumont stadium. I remember being there in the electric atmosphere. This team was fun to watch. The place was packed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OSShock View Post
                        May 22, 1982 Cal state Fullerton Lawerence dumont stadium. I remember being there in the electric atmosphere. This team was fun to watch. The place was packed!!!!
                        I remember that one also... it was fun!
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Wichita State's Clinton McKeever's game winning Grand Slam!

Comment

Working...
                          X