Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best game you ever saw?

What was it?

A former Shocker hurler is a good friend of mine and is an honest to goodness "goodguy". Handsome, Smart, Athletic and Moral, the ladies just eat that right up.

Best game I've ever seen...

Is that what we're talking about?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I watched the first CU-WSU game in the 1991 CWS on TV. That was a nice game. :D
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          I watched the first CU-WSU game in the 1991 CWS on TV. That was a nice game. :D
          That would be up there with most people that saw it.

Matter of fact, that is the only game that sticks out in my mind. I've seen alot, but don't remember which one was best. Now I could probably remember the best basketball game, but not baseball.

Comment

the first championship game between us and arizona last year at the eck was pretty good. Then this other one was a while ago, so i dont remember alot about it, I wanna say it was in 1993 but i remember it was in the College World series against Arizona state, and darren Driefort allowed a run to make it to go in to extra and then the next inning he hit a walk off home run.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              the first championship game between us and arizona last year at the eck was pretty good. Then this other one was a while ago, so i dont remember alot about it, I wanna say it was in 1993 but i remember it was in the College World series against Arizona state, and darren Driefort allowed a run to make it to go in to extra and then the next inning he hit a walk off home run.
              Good memory news... and I was there! :good:

Actually the Zona State player hit a monster home run off of a 97mph DD heater... it left the park like a missile... then during the next at bat, Darren hits a mammoth 2 run-shot within about 10' of me and my family.
              I even recall several anti-WSU fans near us when Driefort gave up the bomb... we became very quiet for a few minutes before we erupted again.
              :yahoo:
              SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                Originally posted by newshock1234
                Good memory news... and I was there! :good:

Actually the Zona State player hit a monster home run off of a 97mph DD heater... it left the park like a missile... then during the next at bat, Darren hits a mammoth 2 run-shot within about 10' of me and my family.
                I even recall several anti-WSU fans near us when Driefort gave up the bomb... we became very quiet for a few minutes before we erupted again.
                :yahoo:
                yea i was only 10 years old during that game, but that game has always been stuck in my head as one of my all time favorites

Comment

All of those games are incredible no doubt.

I would like to stay very recent and go to the championship game of this years regional. WOW! what a game...back and forth with the leads, Cappy battling from within....the Cowboys with back to back home runs to take the lead... Shocker fans getting ready for the second championship game and then.........BAM! Shocks score 2 in the top of the ninth to go to extra innings, then to top that off.........BAM! Clinton McKeever who was tossed to the side like a rag doll by the Pokies hits a grand slam to win the Stillwater regional. Absolute Instant Classic.

I will never forget it!!

Comment

Originally posted by ddog44
                    All of those games are incredible no doubt.

I would like to stay very recent and go to the championship game of this years regional. WOW! what a game...back and forth with the leads, Cappy battling from within....the Cowboys with back to back home runs to take the lead... Shocker fans getting ready for the second championship game and then.........BAM! Shocks score 2 in the top of the ninth to go to extra innings, then to top that off.........BAM! Clinton McKeever who was tossed to the side like a rag doll by the Pokies hits a grand slam to win the Stillwater regional. Absolute Instant Classic.

I will never forget it!!
                    yea that is on my list as well. It was actually twice as good since i was there
                    :D :wsu_posters:

Comment

Drew Moffitt's home run in the top of the 11th against Arkansas in the regional in 04. Also McKeever's grand slam at Oklahoma State. Both because they were on the road against the BCS Conference and they were seeded higher. But Arkansas was better because my brother and I had gone toe to toe with there fans for 11 innings. And after the game we were leaving and some kid about 20 or less was so mad I think he wanted to fight. I'm not sure if it's the best game I ever saw. But they were number 1 and 1A as the most fun I ever had a baseball game. :yahoo:
                      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
                        Drew Moffitt's home run in the top of the 11th against Arkansas in the regional in 04. Also McKeever's grand slam at Oklahoma State. Both because they were on the road against the BCS Conference and they were seeded higher. But Arkansas was better because my brother and I had gone toe to toe with there fans for 11 innings. And after the game we were leaving and some kid about 20 or less was so mad I think he wanted to fight.
                        I bet Charlie's choice, unfortunately for WSU fans, is from the same regional. :cry:

Comment

Ummmmm....I'll go out on a limb and say WSU 5 - UT 3 in Omaha. It wasn't the greatest played game of all time......but IT'LL DO!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

The best PLAYED/EXECUTED game I can remember is the CU game in Omaha.

The best game I have been to in person was the OSU game this year.

I wish I could remember the details of a Valley Tourney game circa 198something against SIU when WSU came from behind to win at the Eck in a pinball scoreboard game.....something like 17-16.....that was a great, great game.

Comment

Best Game ever was the Padres vs the Rockies play in game last year. That game was freakin epic and I've never seen anything like it.

I did see Kerry Wood throw 20Ks and that was cool but wasn't a better game.

In person is obviously a college game and it was the second OSU vs WSU game.

The greatest single thing I've ever seen was the cycle this year. That was so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              Ummmmm....I'll go out on a limb and say WSU 5 - UT 3 in Omaha. It wasn't the greatest played game of all time......but IT'LL DO!
                              was that game the same year as the driefort game mentioned above?

Comment

Working...
                              X