Where to find Summer League scores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockandawe08
    According to the WJL home page, the Park City Rangers won their Midwest Regional Tournament Friday night, going 4-0, clinching a berth in the NBC World Series. Shockers Ryan Scoles and Justin Kemp are on that team. The Wichita Sluggers finished third and I believe they won't see NBC action (the NBC site says only the Midwest Regional winner and runner-up are given berths), unless they can still get there through the WJL tournament that's coming up next? I'm not sure how it works. Does anyone know of any other Shockers playing summer ball who will be back in Wichita for the NBC tourney? I can't get to many games, so I'd like to see as many of our guys play as possible when I do go.
    I know I should be scared of the near future, with such a young team, but I'm kind of excited. I remember the year a very young Syracuse team ran all over a more experienced KU squad. I know, I know...that was basketball. But still, some of these young guys seem to have no fear, so why should I?
    Park City already had a berth to my knowledge because of how they finished last year in the NBC so i believe the Sluggers are going to get a bid.

Comment

fuball7,

Really??? That would be great! As I stated, I don't yet know how these things work. I've been going off the somewhat limited information provided on the NBC Website. The Sluggers certtainly have more Shox than any other team in the summer leagues. With those two teams alone, that would put at least 6 Shockers in the NBC tourney. I'm still trying to find about the other leagues (Jayhawk, for example), but last night it still wasn't updated.

Oh, and I failed to note that the teams that win their league also get automatic bids. In the WJL, that is the Newton Rebels ( but they have no Shox that I know of).

Thanks for the info.
      "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

yes the midwest regional gives out two berths. since park city i believe already has one, that mean the two berths go to 2nd and 3rd place which would mean that sluggers (braves) would get one.

Comment

Cody and Clint had a very good NBC Tourney.

I also thought that Cooper pitched great. Tim Kelley also pitched very well the one game that I got to see him pitch.

Comment

Working...
          X