No announcement yet.

Major League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is good...if you look at the trends this year you can see that MLB clubs are focused more on the college prospects than the HS kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
      Originally posted by shocks02
      Luis Flores just got picked by the Cubs. Might be a problem there if Shafer has to pitch to Flores when "he's seen better."
      Not to rehash, but...

Originally posted by PCpoke83
      I have no problem with Luis saying that we have seen better than Shafer. We have. Chance Ruffin, Aaron Crow, Brad Hutt, Johnny Dorn... the list can go on and on.
      Link to quote above- http://www.orangepower.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Crow- 1st round, 9th overall
      Ruffin- not drafted as of round 10
      Hutt- not drafted as of round 10
      Dorn- not drafted as of round 10

You want to know exactly how many B12 pitches were drafted in front of Shafer? He's on the list above.

How that orange kool-aid tasting now, Cowpokers?

All 3 weekend starters were drafted before Dorn.....maybe Luis hasn't seen better or at least doesn't know what better is?

To be fair, Chance Ruffin is maybe the best freshman pitcher in the country and not draft eligible.

Also Oklahoma State did face Matusz, Crow, Cashner, Schlereth, and Perry this season. All were first round draft picks. In fact, they were the #1, #2, #3, #5, and #7 college pitchers drafted. That's pretty damn strong.

I don't think the list above was created by Flores...more just an uninformed Internet guy.

Still Shafer is obviously a stud and it was a stupid comment to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
        I'm really starting to get guardedly excited for our '08 class. :good:

Usually, I don't really put much emotional stock in our class until after the dust settles from the draft, but it looks like there might not be much dust kicked up this year. Let's hope so!
        Again, is this good or bad. Bad because our guys are perceived not to be talented enough to be drafted or good that they will be here wearing our uniform. Things that make you go hmmmm.....
        Considering I'm viewed as a pessimist by most who know me, you actually make me look like a straight version of Richard Simmons. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
          I'm really starting to get guardedly excited for our '08 class. :good:

Usually, I don't really put much emotional stock in our class until after the dust settles from the draft, but it looks like there might not be much dust kicked up this year. Let's hope so!
          Again, is this good or bad. Bad because our guys are perceived not to be talented enough to be drafted or good that they will be here wearing our uniform. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

For at least three of them, it's a signability issue. Shafer and Pelfrey are excellent examples of guys that fell way past their talent due to not stating a resonable amount that they would sign for pre-draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7hottamales
            To be fair, Chance Ruffin is maybe the best freshman pitcher in the country and not draft eligible.
            Wow, you actually drilled an obvious aspect of my argument that I completely forgot to take into account, that being the player's draft eligibility/class level.

Embarrassing...

Comment

• Most of our recruits sent the message that they would be tough signs because they were committed to going to college. This is going to be a great recruiting class, on par with three years ago when we got Damon Sublett, Josh Workman, Matt Brown, Tyler Hill, Travis Banwart, Rob Musgrave, Tyler Weber, etal.

We have a good chance for back-to-back good recruiting classes if we get some recruits as a result of our postseason success, as we did last year.

Maybe the best news of all is that Dusty will be returning for his Junior year.

Comment

• Jordan Cooper got drafted by the Red Sox in round 17. There is a very good chance he will be on campus next year.

Comment

• Jordan Cooper just went to Boston with the last pick of the 17th round.

Comment

• Boston really likes our recruits apparently...

Flynn in round 18.

Comment

• I have a problem with MLB holding their draft on the same day as a Super Regional. Would it have been that tough to move the draft up to Tues/Wed so it didn't conflict with the Super Regionals? A little distracting for the players. - Plus, no local High School kids taken as of the beginning of the 21st round. Has to be the longest wait in quite a few years.
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
                        I have a problem with MLB holding their draft on the same day as a Super Regional. Would it have been that tough to move the draft up to Tues/Wed so it didn't conflict with the Super Regionals? A little distracting for the players. - Plus, no local High School kids taken as of the beginning of the 21st round. Has to be the longest wait in quite a few years.
                        I remember before the days of super regionals, the draft was held during the CWS. Do you like that better?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                          Originally posted by BA2929
                          I have a problem with MLB holding their draft on the same day as a Super Regional. Would it have been that tough to move the draft up to Tues/Wed so it didn't conflict with the Super Regionals? A little distracting for the players. - Plus, no local High School kids taken as of the beginning of the 21st round. Has to be the longest wait in quite a few years.
                          I remember before the days of super regionals, the draft was held during the CWS. Do you like that better?

:roll: I didn't like it being held during the Super Regional, why would I want it being held during the CWS? Why must you start an argument on such a simple post? I'm glad I don't feel the need to push others buttons on an internet message board on a friday afternoon..... :roll:
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Anyway, WSU's Matt Smith drafted 667th overall by the Dodgers in the 22nd round.
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
                              Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                              Originally posted by BA2929

:roll: I didn't like it being held during the Super Regional, why would I want it being held during the CWS? Why must you start an argument on such a simple post? I'm glad I don't feel the need to push others buttons on an internet message board on a friday afternoon..... :roll:
                              I wasn't trying to push any buttons. I was just pointing out that it used to be even dumber than it is now...

Comment

• Shocker recruit Logan Watkins drafted by the Cubs 641st overall in the 21st round.
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X