X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wxkid23
    Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    Originally posted by wxkid23
    Im pissed.. im a Chisox fan and love both Kenny's but 6th round for Kenny Jr?
    I'm guessing a number of White Sox fans are not too happy. Everyone would understand a father taking his son (maybe even a little high), but when you take him this high compared to where he would have been available, it just looks bad.
    I was actually hoping to see him back on the Shockers next year. I think another year of seasoning would of been good for him.

Maybe he'll play hardball in the negotiations and end up back at WSU...Then the White Sox can make him their 1st round pick next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
      Like in any business, it's all about the connections. There's nothing wrong with the nepotism displayed here. Besides, KWJ was going to leave WSU after this year anyway. He'll be 23 next year, which is a tad old, to begin your professional career in A ball, so I knew he'd jump and being drafted by the Chi Sox shouldn't suprise anyone.

Didn't Mike Piazza get drafted by Tommy Lasorda who was his godfather or something? Albeit it was in the last round and near the last pick. It happens, people get hooked up by being connected. Go KWJ! Get paid and get some hits this weekend.

No matter what the White Sox think of KWJ potential, it's an irresponsible business decision to take a player that the market values as a 20th round pick (or whatever) significantly earlier than that.

Piazza was drafted in the 62nd round back in the day when you had to voluntarily stop drafting or you could go forever...hardly a use of the Dodgers scarce resource as a favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7hottamales
        Originally posted by KC Shox
        Like in any business, it's all about the connections. There's nothing wrong with the nepotism displayed here. Besides, KWJ was going to leave WSU after this year anyway. He'll be 23 next year, which is a tad old, to begin your professional career in A ball, so I knew he'd jump and being drafted by the Chi Sox shouldn't suprise anyone.

Didn't Mike Piazza get drafted by Tommy Lasorda who was his godfather or something? Albeit it was in the last round and near the last pick. It happens, people get hooked up by being connected. Go KWJ! Get paid and get some hits this weekend.
        No matter what the White Sox think of KWJ potential, it's an irresponsible business decision to take a player that the market values as a 20th round pick (or whatever) significantly earlier than that.

Piazza was drafted in the 62nd round back in the day when you had to voluntarily stop drafting or you could go forever...hardly a use of the Dodgers scarce resource as a favor.
        The kid is batting .325 on the year with a .461 slugging percentage. He's 90% stealing bases and 30% of his hits have been for extra bases. Not only that, but just watch him on the field. He oozes with potential.

I agree that it's a tad high, but calling it an "irresponsible business decision" is a stretch.

Congrats, Kenny.
        www.myspace.com/clarensau
        it's what i do

Comment

• So you think 6th round is somewhat close to representative of his value?

If so, why haven't we been able to tap into that 23 year old "potential" enough to make him an every day starter and top of the order guy?

Look, I'm the one that thinks he should be starting over Hill, but there is no way that his draft market value was anywhere near the 6th round.

Comment

• Come on guys, look on the bright side. Williams was at Arizona 2 years and did nothing. Then he came to WSU and the staff here developed him into a 6th round draft pick.

That's some coachin'!

This is from his bio at goshockers:
            Born May 22, 1986...
            According to my math, KWJ just turned 22.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
              Come on guys, look on the bright side. Williams was at Arizona 2 years and did nothing. Then he came to WSU and the staff here developed him into a 6th round draft pick.

That's some coachin'!
              Great post Aargh. I think JT should get a huge raise, bonus and promotion. This is obviously an indication of how well we are developing talent at WSU. Just think if he would have started and been healthy all year! What are you guys thinking? 2nd? 3rd round possibly?

And you can't beat up 7Hot on both sides! Either he is right that KWJ should be starting over Hill or he is right that this was a bad business decision for the White Sox to take him in the 6th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by wxkid23
                Im pissed.. im a Chisox fan and love both Kenny's but 6th round for Kenny Jr?
                He has speed, can hit and can field; he has potential.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                  None of the recruits drafted and that's good considering it's supposed to be a good class of recruits.
                  I'd say the first 4 or 5 rounds are crucial tomorrow. If none go that early, it's an excellent indication that all wanted too much money to be drafted where their talent dictated.
                  I always thought for a high school kid getting through day 1 (1st six rounds) meant you were in the clear. That logic has been proven wrong several times in the past few years. I am hoping getting through the 9th (3 rounds tomorrow) would be pretty much out of the woods. Are we safe with Dusty already? Surely he can do better with one more season of improvement?

Comment

Look, I'm the one that thinks he should be starting over Hill,
                    Kenny should play first base?

OK???
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                      Originally posted by 7hottamales

OK???

I give up

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

OK???

I give up
                        :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

OK???

I give up
                          Now that's comedy gold!

For those who still don't get it...What current starter on the team has a 0.00 ERA and isn't a position player in the lineup?
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• THE MAN in the regional at Stillwater, that's who! :D

Comment

• Like Sub, I don't follow baseball as closely as I do basketball, so would somone please explain to me the significance of the 400K sitting beside the name of some of the players and the fact that some of them have nothing in that column. I believe all four of our guys have the 400K, but did notice some picks with nothing.

Comment

• you can click on the 400k and watch their scouting video. I found it interesting watching CG's video, he has as good of a swing as anybody in the college game, (the comparisons to ex-batting champ Mueller are valid), but he just does not look like a comfortable fielding 3rd baseman.

Comment

Working...
                                X