Major League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWJ to the white sox pick 180
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaminShock
      KWJ goes to (who else?) the ChiSox in the 6th round, pick #180.

That seem a tad high to anyone else?

Edit: Man you people are quick. :)
      Thanks Dad! :good:
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Just a tad? We are not even sure he should start in front of a true freshman but they are ready to draft him in the 6th huh?

Comment

• What does that say about K Hall.Congrats to Kenny williams.

Comment

• Any recruits get drafted in first 6 rounds? If not that is a good thing right ?
            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• I didn't see any.

Yes, that's a VERY good thing.

Comment

• Wonder how many intentional walks Gillaspie will get if Posey is batting next in the order (or visa versa). :D

Comment

• None of the recruits drafted and that's good considering it's supposed to be a good class of recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
                    A little bit different than offering a 4th rounder 1.5 million when the slotted money is around 150k.

Who the hell cares what slot is? It's about getting talent into your organization and an 18 year old Latin talent at the level of Melville would cost easily $1.5. This is like having two first round picks for the Royals. All they have to do is spend the $. Go look and see what you get in the free agent market for $1.5 million. It isn't pretty.

Some would argue tha the Royals were able to draft the best high school bat and the best high school pitcher in the same draft.

I'm not a Royals fan, but if I were, I would be amped about the message they sent with this draft thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02
                      None of the recruits drafted and that's good considering it's supposed to be a good class of recruits.
                      I'd say the first 4 or 5 rounds are crucial tomorrow. If none go that early, it's an excellent indication that all wanted too much money to be drafted where their talent dictated.

Comment

Screw FSU's offense! We have a 6th round switch hitter coming off the bench as a pinch hitter. I bet no one else in the country can say that! 8)

Comment

• Im pissed.. im a Chisox fan and love both Kenny's but 6th round for Kenny Jr?

Comment

• Originally posted by wxkid23
                            Im pissed.. im a Chisox fan and love both Kenny's but 6th round for Kenny Jr?
                            I'm guessing a number of White Sox fans are not too happy. Everyone would understand a father taking his son (maybe even a little high), but when you take him this high compared to where he would have been available, it just looks bad.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                              Originally posted by wxkid23
                              Im pissed.. im a Chisox fan and love both Kenny's but 6th round for Kenny Jr?
                              I'm guessing a number of White Sox fans are not too happy. Everyone would understand a father taking his son (maybe even a little high), but when you take him this high compared to where he would have been available, it just looks bad.
                              I was actually hoping to see him back on the Shockers next year. I think another year of seasoning would of been good for him.

Comment

• Like in any business, it's all about the connections. There's nothing wrong with the nepotism displayed here. Besides, KWJ was going to leave WSU after this year anyway. He'll be 23 next year, which is a tad old, to begin your professional career in A ball, so I knew he'd jump and being drafted by the Chi Sox shouldn't suprise anyone.

Didn't Mike Piazza get drafted by Tommy Lasorda who was his godfather or something? Albeit it was in the last round and near the last pick. It happens, people get hooked up by being connected. Go KWJ! Get paid and get some hits this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X