Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlieHog
    Originally posted by WuDrWu
    You will never top the "we've seen better" chant......NEVER!

I'm sure this is discussed in one of the other threads but can somebody explain this to me anyway...
    Its a quote from their catcher inregards to Aaron Schaefer.

Comment

How does a potential national seed have such a small pitching staff?

This is a national-caliber program hosting a regional and they go to position players to pitch in their fourth game?

Charlie: Flores said "We've seen better" after Aaron Shafer dominated them with a 5-hit, complete game gem.

After McKeever hit his grand salami, the OSU pitcher buzzed the next WSU batter and was tossed. Flores, then catching, said something to the home plate ump and was tossed.

The many WSU fans in attendance started chanting, "We've seen better."

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC

This is a national-caliber program hosting a regional and they go to position players to pitch in their fourth game?

Charlie: Flores said "We've seen better" after Aaron Shafer dominated them with a 5-hit, complete game gem.

After McKeever hit his grand salami, the OSU pitcher buzzed the next WSU batter and was tossed. Flores, then catching, said something to the home plate ump and was tossed.

Awesome.
        Obviously, the Shox aren't deep enough in the pitching staff either. We had to go to rarely used McKeever in just our third game, after our two previous starters went the distance.

Thank goodness the Super is a three game series.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
          Originally posted by WuDrWu
          You will never top the "we've seen better" chant......NEVER!

I'm sure this is discussed in one of the other threads but can somebody explain this to me anyway...
          After Aaron Schaefer's game on Saturday, Flores was quoted as saying....

We've seem better. We face guys who throw 95 and 96mph...Hes just another pitcher on the bump.

Flores then was the starting pitcher on Sunday for the 'Boys....

He was catching for the 'Boys later in the game and got tossed after his pitcher was warned for throwing a ball of our batters head after the McKeevar GS. Our faithful at the game started the chang...."WEVE SEEN BETTER" quite priceless
          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
            Obviously, the Shox aren't deep enough in the pitching staff either. We had to go to rarely used McKeever in just our third game, after our two previous starters went the distance.

You can say that again. A Super regional format suits this staff very well. Of course it does most others too.

Comment

We almost got jumped for singing "We dropped a bomb on you" after the slam.
              YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

That's yet another thing a lot of OSU fans don't understand. I heard a bunch complain that they were playing it over the PA system. I tried to explain to them that the NCAA mandates that "you do it for one, you do it for all".....they didn't care for that answer.

Too bad.....they can try to process that for the next 8 months. They've got that kind of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                  Ok, just a little perspective here. If our ace pitcher could not perform for whatever reason, we would have felt we had not fielded our best team. And it makes it doubly hard to take that it was not illness or injury that kept him from pitching. It was bureaucracy. And it doesn't make any difference whether it was OSU's decision to not pitch him or that of the NCAA. The end result is that OSU's fan THINK that if Oliver had pitched, they would have been in the winner's bracket instead of WSU and that WSU would have had to win twice with the ever depleting pen.

As to the umps - Go ahead and throw stones at the OSU fans for blaming the umps BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE NEVER griped, complained, bitched, whatever you want to call it, about umps or refs.

If the tables were turned, we would have had the same reaction and the same meltdown. That's college sports. It is what it is. They lost, we won. Let it lie. We have bigger fish to fry this coming weekend and that is where our energy needs to be directed.
                  Wow. I didn't realize anyone with this much common sense was on Shockernet. Great post. :D
                  www.myspace.com/clarensau
                  it's what i do

Comment

Originally posted by Clarensauce
                    Ok, just a little perspective here. If our ace pitcher could not perform for whatever reason, we would have felt we had not fielded our best team. And it makes it doubly hard to take that it was not illness or injury that kept him from pitching. It was bureaucracy. And it doesn't make any difference whether it was OSU's decision to not pitch him or that of the NCAA. The end result is that OSU's fan THINK that if Oliver had pitched, they would have been in the winner's bracket instead of WSU and that WSU would have had to win twice with the ever depleting pen.

As to the umps - Go ahead and throw stones at the OSU fans for blaming the umps BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE NEVER griped, complained, bitched, whatever you want to call it, about umps or refs.

If the tables were turned, we would have had the same reaction and the same meltdown. That's college sports. It is what it is. They lost, we won. Let it lie. We have bigger fish to fry this coming weekend and that is where our energy needs to be directed.
                    Wow. I didn't realize anyone with this much common sense was on Shockernet. Great post. :D
                    The only thing I would change is that middle part. It's one thing to complain and gripe about refs. They make mistakes and some of them simply aren't very good. But when it comes to blaming them it's a whole other thing. Very rarely can an official/ump dictate the outcome of a game unless he tries really really hard to do so.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22

The only thing I would change is that middle part. It's one thing to complain and gripe about refs. They make mistakes and some of them simply aren't very good. But when it comes to blaming them it's a whole other thing. Very rarely can an official/ump dictate the outcome of a game unless Ed Hightower tries really really hard to do so.
                      fixed

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                        Originally posted by ABC

Awesome.

Hoch was fine. Capra was OK (i.e. good enough except for wild pitches).
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

And we had many pitchers left in the bullpen, including a real starter.

So clearly, we were not in the same situation as OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                            And we had many pitchers left in the bullpen, including a real starter.

So clearly, we were not in the same situation as OSU.
                            Speaking of starting pitchers out of the bullpen, holy Fleming Batman! That was not such a dominant performance. :shock:

Comment

I think it would take a lot of games in a short period of time in order to hear "Now pitching for WSU, Tyler Weber." :lol:
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                                Originally posted by SubGod22

The only thing I would change is that middle part. It's one thing to complain and gripe about refs. They make mistakes and some of them simply aren't very good. But when it comes to blaming them it's a whole other thing. Very rarely can an official/ump dictate the outcome of a game unless Ed Hightower tries really really hard to do so.
                                fixed
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X