Title Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Game

Looks like MSU will start Matt Frevert, 2.97 ERA and 6-1 record. 21 appearances but no starts.

Oh good, we can light up their bullpen early.

Comment

Re: Title Game

Originally posted by ISASO
      Looks like MSU will start Matt Frevert, 2.97 ERA and 6-1 record. 21 appearances but no starts.
      I assume this is the same Matt Frevert that pitched 1.1 innings Thursday and got the save in relief of Tim Clubb. He is their closer and has pitched 33 1/3 innings on 21 appearances this year. Think the COY is selling out for this game?

Comment

It's fitting that this comes down to #1 vs #2. MSU had a bad day yesterday, but they are a good team and today is a new day.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
          It's fitting that this comes down to #1 vs #2. MSU had a bad day yesterday, but they are a good team and today is a new day.
          hays: We want to make today a really bad day for MSU. :D
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Look at this thread: http://www.salukitalk.net/st/viewtopic.php?t=21746

SIU had a great run here and their fans want to fire Callahan. Get rid of the second inning and SIU beats MSU. As one (reasonable) SIU fan posts:

You know when you expect someone to beat a Wichita or Missouri State you should at least come close in facilities. The baseball facilities are a joke. Easily one of the worst in the valley.

So if you want to fire Cal and hire someone else, do not expect much change unless you plan on investing in the program. You will most likely see the same mediocre results.

This program needs more than lights. We need a facility that we can host MVC tourny at. And no Rent one does not count. I love baseball and I know we have a great history and we need to fund the program if we expect results. Hell the former players bought our mediocre locker room. That is now outdated as well.

Softball gets a great facility how come Men don't?

The delusional SIU fans reply; for example:

Winning is what earns teams new facilities. Baseball should take notes on how Kill & Weber & Co. earned their new digs. SIU won't be hosting the MVC tournament on campus so don't hold your breath, Rent One is the only possible option for SIU to be the host. I can see that years from now when the program is hopefully reestablished.

People need to quit blaming the field for the performance as last I checked it is the same conditions for both sides. The other teams don't seem to have a problem winning on it, so either should we with the right talent and person teaching it.

and

nothing personal, just business

i have heard cal is a great guy from many people

but realistically being a nice guy isnt winning enough games

he had a LONG time to prove he could compete at the d1 baseball level and the results are below average
            time for some new blood

as for the facilities

last i checked abe has bases 90 ft apart, a pitchers mound 60'6" from home plate, an infield and an outfield with a wall

same as any other college baseball field

as soon as we start winning some more games and making the ncaa tourney the abe will get the bells and whistles

The basketball and football teams achieve some success and dawg fans expect every program to be successful without any help. I get a laugh out of these dawg fans. I'll take Eck Stadium, Koch Arena, etc. over SIU's "great" program and "great" fans. (I'm sure SIU fans would want to fire Gregg Marshall after the terrible 2007-8 season if he were at Carbondale.)
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

:goshocks:

Comment

I'm going to be cheering on the Shox from liberty island. My wife and I have our Shocker gear on.

Gotta go, our ferry is about to take off.

Comment

I'll be cheering the Shox down here in Austin, TX. Unfortunately, down here it is Fox Sports Southwest so I can't view the game on TV.

Let's hope Capra quits trying to impress the scouts and overthrows everything and returns to his old form, throwing strikes and being efficient.

Comment

1-1 Top 2nd

3 errors on WSU :(

Comment

MSU 4 - 1 Top 2nd

4 errors on WSU

Comment

Look like the Shox doesn't want to play this game. Get ready for the afternoon game ... :(
                        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

3 run homer!

Comment

Conor Gillespie 3 run HR. 4-4. :clap:

Comment

WOW!!! :yahoo:
                              I think the Bears may walk CG from now on ... :D
                              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                              X