X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    As feudal lord over my most humble fiefdom, with serious prospects of becoming overlord as family nobility pass on, I have strong negative emotions due to the name Monarchs.
    Why do you hate butterflies?

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    As feudal lord over my most humble fiefdom, with serious prospects of becoming overlord as family nobility pass on, I have strong negative emotions due to the name Monarchs.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    I believe he was on the White Sox 40 man roster at one point but never played in an MLB game.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Doesn't look like he's ever made it to the majors.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Go Shockers - Ladwig Makes MLB Debut With Marlins

WICHITA, Kan. – Former Wichita State pitcher A.J. Ladwig made his Major League Baseball debut on Saturday night, becoming the 42nd former Shocker to reach the game's highest level.

The right-hander worked 3.1 innings out of the bullpen in Miami's 6-2 loss to Atlanta, allowing six hits and four runs. He did not issue a walk or record a strikeout.

Ladwig was called up as the Marlins 27th man for the second game of the doubleheader. He had been pitching at Double-A Pensacola, where he was 6-3 with a 4.43 ERA in 11 starts.

The native of Omaha, Nebraska joins Alec Bohm of the Philadelphia Phillies and Sam Hilliard of the Colorado Rockies as former Shockers active in the Majors. He is the first Wichita State player to make his MLB debut since Codi Heuer did so for the Chicago White Sox in 2020.
    Not the greatest debut, and it was only a temporary assignment, but it counts.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    He ends up the monthly of July .434, 33 hits, 4 doubles, 3 HR, 13 RBI, .632 slugging, 1.088 OPS

Now batting .299 for the reason. H was 4-5 yesterday with a double and a HR.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Alec Bohm has been on a tear in the month of July hitting at a .426 average, with 23 hits, 2 homers, 2 doubles, 1 hr and only 7 strikeouts.
    Update for July: .434 / 23 hits / 2 doubles / 1 triple / 2 HR / 10 RBI / .623 SLG / 1.088 OPS from ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    Alec Bohm has been on a tear in the month of July hitting at a .426 average, with 23 hits, 2 homers, 2 doubles, 1 hr and only 7 strikeouts.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Pissed that it was against my Padres, but good throw out by Hilliard:

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Updates on former Shox across baseball:

19 former Shockers are playing professionally, including Alec Bohm, Codi Heuer and Sam Hilliard at the Major League level.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    More Bohm highlights.

Phillies vs. Cardinals - Game Recap - July 8, 2022 - ESPN

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

While you anticipate most college players will beef up a bit after college, is it my imagination or has Greyson Jenista done that in spades.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Another Alex Bohm highlight. This one with the glove.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    A Bohm bomb. BTE, the Shocks need to get their catchers some yellow gear although the pitchers might go blind.

That HR ended a streak of 40 straight appearances by Hader without giving up a run.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X