X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU 13
    UNI 12

Bottom of 7
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

• Re: Shox versus Trees

Originally posted by KC Shox
      Well, saying we need to go 3-0 this weekend would be an understatement. ISU has only won 11 games this year so we have a shot. They have won only 4 games against the Top RPI 100 (0 fer in the Top 50), but with that said, they have been fairly competitive in these games. They don't really get blown out.

In their 13 losses to the Top 100 (College of Charleston, South Florida, Arizona, Ole Miss, and Missouri), their average run differential is only 4.23 runs. They have played a pretty difficult schedule - ranked 68th - and if it wasn't for the conference games, this SOS would be higher.

I think this series will be closer than most will anticipate. I don't see the Shox venting their frustration on this team, based on ISU's run differential against very good teams, they've shown they can compete.
      I'm so good. This is a close game, sure doesn't hurt that our 5 through 9 batters are a combined 1 for 16 thus far with 6K's.

Whats the difference between the bottom of our lineup and Gene?

At least Gene can get to first base (allegedly)
      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• Bottom 9th

SIU 13
        UNI 13

Panthers have a runner on first with no one out

Comment

• Re: Shox versus Trees

Originally posted by Denny Crane
          Well, saying we need to go 3-0 this weekend would be an understatement. ISU has only won 11 games this year so we have a shot. They have won only 4 games against the Top RPI 100 (0 fer in the Top 50), but with that said, they have been fairly competitive in these games. They don't really get blown out.

In their 13 losses to the Top 100 (College of Charleston, South Florida, Arizona, Ole Miss, and Missouri), their average run differential is only 4.23 runs. They have played a pretty difficult schedule - ranked 68th - and if it wasn't for the conference games, this SOS would be higher.

I think this series will be closer than most will anticipate. I don't see the Shox venting their frustration on this team, based on ISU's run differential against very good teams, they've shown they can compete.
          I'm so good. This is a close game, sure doesn't hurt that our 5 through 9 batters are a combined 1 for 16 thus far with 6K's.

Whats the difference between the bottom of our lineup and Gene?

At least Gene can get to first base (allegedly)
          Apparently, Mr. Fugly Schmuck did not think that was funny.

Comment

• Way to break the site with that pic KC.

Anyways, what an awful way to end the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood
              Way to break the site with that pic KC.

Anyways, what an awful way to end the weekend.
              I'm sorry.

Comment

• While the bullpen failed us in the 9th inning of Game 3, the botched double play ball was perhaps the key. Even if we get just one out there it's a totally different situation. For one thing, Gene doesn't panic and he leaves Hoch in the game to finish up.

Actually, I was somewhat uncomfortable with our starting pitching this weekend. They allowed 34 baserunners in 20 innings which is pretty high.

Aaron wasn't too bad allowing 10 runners in 8.0 innings and the 3 double plays the Shocks turned behind him helped a lot.

However, Rob and Anthony combined to allow 24 runners in 12 innings.

Capra has been very good all year, so I'm chalking his performance up to sinply a bad outing where he did not have command of his off-speed stuff. Hopefully, Brent gets that worked out in his next bullpen.

Aaron has not been as dominating this year as I thought he would be, but I'm hoping that will come along with the warmer weahter just now starting.

Rob, not being overpowering, always has given up a few hits but allowing an average of 2 runners per inning will eventually catch up to you.

We need all 3 guys to be on their games this next weekend against UNI.

Comment

Working...
                X