No announcement yet.

Shox versus Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have a media guide hangin' around but does anybody remember if we swung it pretty good when David Chadd was with us?
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Impotence is a tragic waste...
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Something needs to be fixed with our hitting approach or philosophy. Yes we are a good team...but with the numbers below we will never be a title contender.

National Ranks

'08
        BA - 74
        Scoring - 51
        HR/game - 210

'07
        BA - 90
        Scoring - 116
        HR/game - 100

'06
        BA - 66
        Scoring - 90
        HR/game - 197

'05
        BA - 143
        Scoring - 154
        HR/game - 244

'04
        BA - 14
        Scoring - 14
        HR/game - 22

'03
        BA - 92
        Scoring - 101
        HR/game - 153

'02
        BA - 39
        Scoring - 30
        HR/game - 65

It's hard to beat teams 3-2 every game when it gets into the postseason. It puts too much pressure on the pitching staff to perform. To reach the next level, we need to change something. Either we are recruiting a bunch of bad hitters, or we aren't developing the ones we have. I, for one, think it's the latter.

Comment

• Well, this is also could apply to Basketball on Free Throws:

If a player doesn't have good batting form and/or results, do you 'retrain' him on proper batting form so better results can be reached?

Now, I know if you changed some players, they would probably say, 'I can't hit like that' even though it might be better form and stance.

Same difference in basketball, some players have bad shooting form and mechanics for shooting free throws? Do you correct them, hoping for better long term results?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman
            Doesn't Crusty have enough "rep" to recruit some sticks?

Originally posted by ISASO
            That's a decade-old and very precarious question. You may not get a straight answer.
            Based upon private conversation with a former player I’ve lost a great deal of faith in Gene & staff to rectify this situation. I’ll just say that they have failed to act upon hand-delivered recruits that would have signed with them…one of them being a 6’3” 220lb frosh wearing orange last night.

Comment

• Based on those numbers,you can really tell Moffit has a huge year in 04 and has been our only power threat in several years.

Comment

Working...
              X