WSU Students Commit to Building Excellence Phase I Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    I am still somewhat surprised that only 180 donors have participated in the project so far.
    I agree.

How many season ticket holders are there?

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
      I have quite a hard time believing that football would be a money maker. I have no problem with bringing it back if it can be financed, I just have a hard time swallowing the economic benefits.

Of the teams in the Valley who play football, is it a money maker for them? I have no idea, I can only ask, rhetorically, "there are schools in the Valley who play football?"
      As far as I know, every MVC football team loses money. I'll try to find the stats later (maybe by Monday??).
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
        Originally posted by Hotel Paper
        I didn't sign anything at school. Oh well...
        The president didn't ask me if I wanted a $1,500 rebate check. Oh well.

Now we need to get the student body to raise fees for football... ;-)
        This amounts to about $5 per student per semester. That will buy a "lot" of football. :lol:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Like it or not football would raise money easier than baseball no matter how good the baseball team is. That's just the way it is. I'd give my rebate check for football as well if it would help. Then I'd give a little more.
          I agree. But still not close to the degree it needs to be. I was there at the end of our football program and I guess I am jaded by the extreme apathy and lack of support from my fellow Shocker alums and fans at that time.

As far as the Baseball program goes we supposedly have 36,000 alums in the Wichita area and so far we have contributions from 180 parties (representing 0.05% of our LOCAL alumni base). Not very encouraging for our ability to keep up with the big money requirements of D-1 college sports.

Comment

I posted the profit/loss from all the teams in the Gateway Conference (Where all MVC teams with football play) in a football thread. If you search you can find it. I won't post here because this is centered on baseball.

Comment

Div 2 Football

To those above who askl how much football costs for MVC schools, the number I have seen quoted on several occasions here & that Jim Schaus has quoted to me is the average is a loss of $800,000 per year. Jim said he would be glad to start Div 2 football if someone would fork over the $800K per year. The problem with that is for those in the know about how fund raising works is that it typicslly goes for bricks and motor and not to subsidize something.

Comment

I'm putting athletic budget info(football in red or black overall athletic dept budget red or black) for the MVC schools that play football in the off-topic section.

Comment

$5/semester bought students usage of the facility plus 10 more years of comp b-ball tickets? At $10/ticket (reduced student price, but will probably be more by the time those 10 years kick in 15 years from now), just the tickets are worth a minimum of $1.5 million.

So, if they'll so easily part with $.50/credit-hour (rough guess) for an indoor practice facility, would they not be willing to pay $3/credit-hour to subsidize football?

Comment

If they committed $1.4 million in exchange for benefits of at least $1.5 million in value then arguably they have contributed nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      If they committed $1.4 million in exchange for benefits of at least $1.5 million in value then arguably they have contributed nothing.
                      Actually, I'm proud that WSU students are so sharp; apparently WSU students are good engineers and good businessmen (or businesspersons :D ).

Comment

Working...
                      X