Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Originally posted by KC Shox
    You know those Blue Jay phucks would have dog piled like they won the world series. I am so glad we didn't have to see that.
    KC, I know you get tired of the yellow glasses and eternal optimism but...

While I am as well glad we didn't have to see it, I urge you to be less like oldDrWu and more like the oldERDrWu.

Enjoy the ride and the success and don't focus so hard on the consequences of failure. Instead of suffering at the loss and the poorly played first game, enjoy the road series win.

Instead of worrying about how we may get trounced when playing the so-called big boys (OSU, ASU, OU etc) get excited about the opportunity to compete against the best and prove ourselves as a team, program and fan base.

These are indeed great times to be Shockers!
    I admit, I do take winning for granted. I always expect the Shox to win and when they play like crap it pisses me off.

It's hard not worrying about the big boys, we need these games because our SOS is horrible.

I'm concerned that guys off the bench are hitting .136 as a whole.

I'm concerned about the defense of late. Especially at short and third where CG and DC have fielding percentages of .895 and .938 respectively.
    Do we have anyone better, no, but these guys need to step it up defensively and help out our pitching which by the way is another concern.

I'm concerned about our relief pitching. Nothing else needs to be said about that.

I'm concerned that our soft schedule has not adequately prepared us against the stronger competition we will be facing in the non-con.

Just a few thoughts that prevent me from getting all lovey dovey over the Shox, because against regional and beyond competition, those teams will exploit these concerns above. And that means we don't go very far gosh darn it.

Comment

We had to have this series and we got it.

With a series so vital as this one, I don't care how we got it. The first game today was good old fashion whooping. That felt good.

The second one was a gutty effort. Our pitching came though and it was nice to mute the likely CU dogpile.

It is a little concerning that our offense has been somewhat shaky lately, minus today's first game.. We left a few runners in scoring position.. almost a few too many.

Anyways, great week Shocks.

We really need to prove we're a Top 5 team with a win at Nebraska Tuesday. We need to get the jitters out and we really need to have a good offensive showing for once. This one will go a long ways in determining national seed/ hosting possibilities.

Let's do it! :posterwu:
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Creighton self-destructed in the third game. They lost it more than we won it. We did play good defense and didn't give them anything. We accepted their charity and gave them none of our own. I'll take it. Not every win is going to be pretty.

Capra got stronger as the game wore on. He was dominating in the 7th, striking out the side. I'm sure he had reached his pitch-count, but no way was he tired. He was throwing just as hard, or harder, in the 7th as he was in the 1st.

The Shox will drive to Lincoln Monday morning, lift weights, and practice.

We need to get Josh back. With him out, it screws up our entire lineup. Kenny Williams did a great job filling Josh' spot, but I like Kenny hitting 9th, and giving us Williams, Dirks, Jones, Gillaspie. That said, we could be without both Josh and Kenny on Tuesday. Kenny tweaked his hamstring today. I don't think it's serious, but we might want him to rest it for 5 days.

Comment

Arizona State needed 8 runs in the top of the 9th to come from behind and beat Washington State to avoid losing the series.
          In other former opponent news: TCU got its second straight conference series sweep this weekend. They have won 9 straight and are now 23-12 and play OU Tuesday.

Comment

Way to snap back on Sunday Shocks. Now let's keep it rolling. Hopefully, we have better luck getting our mid-week game in the rest of the year.

:goshocks:

Comment

Working...
            X