No announcement yet.

WU vs CU Game III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jones makes a great catch to bail out Tyler, headed to the top of the 9th. Rose, Rose, Rose, I want my last run.

Comment

Dirks gets a single to open up the ninth, Jones moves Dirks over to second, Conor draws the intentional walk. First and second with one out. T Web flys out for the second out. Engrav strikes out. Game is in the bullpens hand. Our Freshman have really played poorly in this game.

Comment

Tying run on first, no outs, runner advances to second on sac bunt. Tyler gets a K out for the second out. Batter lines out to Coleman and shox win the game. WE pulled this one out of our collective arses. The Nebraska game is going to be huge if we want to host.

Good job on salvaging the series shox.

Comment

Shock win. Line out to Coleman.

Comment

CU errors are payback from the first game. Better lucky than good sometimes, hooooray!.

Comment

Way to battle back and get a double header sweep! Thats what we needed. :clap: :yahoo: :posterwsu:

Comment

Not the greatest of series for the Shox, but the fact is they won 2 of 3, and todays sweep was huge. now Nebraska is a really big game, we need to prove we can beat top 25 opponents on the road. I have to say, if we finish the season with 40 or 45 wins, or even 50, I can't see any fathomable reason why we shouldn't be hosting. I believe we are 27-5 after today, we can easily have 40 wins by the start of May

Comment

Considering we only have 12 games scheduled before May 1, 40 wins seems a little unrealistic, much less easy.

The better team won the series. That's all I care about.

I imagine the Bluejay dogpile-esque celebration was a bit muted today.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

whoops, I meant to say by the time our conference tournament rolls around. But in any case, I do agree we are by far the best team in the valley, like always

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Considering we only have 12 games scheduled before May 1, 40 wins seems a little unrealistic, much less easy.

The better team won the series. That's all I care about.

I imagine the Bluejay dogpile-esque celebration was a bit muted today.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                      You know those Blue Jay phucks would have dog piled like they won the world series. I am so glad we didn't have to see that.

Comment

A 3-1 road week, with 2 of the games in doubt until the last out, feels great and should pay dividends in the experience dep't down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                          You know those Blue Jay phucks would have dog piled like they won the world series. I am so glad we didn't have to see that.
                          KC, I know you get tired of the yellow glasses and eternal optimism but...

While I am as well glad we didn't have to see it, I urge you to be less like oldDrWu and more like the oldERDrWu.

Enjoy the ride and the success and don't focus so hard on the consequences of failure. Instead of suffering at the loss and the poorly played first game, enjoy the road series win.

Instead of worrying about how we may get trounced when playing the so-called big boys (OSU, ASU, OU etc) get excited about the opportunity to compete against the best and prove ourselves as a team, program and fan base.

These are indeed great times to be Shockers!

Comment

I challenge any of the "big boys" to go to Omaha and play in those conditions and win two out of three against a good team.
                            Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Arizona State needed 8 runs in the top of the 9th to come from behind and beat Washington State to avoid losing the series.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89
                                Arizona State needed 8 runs in the top of the 9th to come from behind and beat Washington State to avoid losing the series.
                                Gosh damn Cougars! Couldn't help us out could you!

Comment

Working...
                                X