OU - WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OU - WSU

Heard the game was cancelled. Can anyone else verify?

2:45 PM Shelley in the baseball office said tonight's game with OU is cancelled.

Comment

That's what it says on goshockers.com. Game will not be rescheduled. Sucks to not have this game on our schedule.

Comment

Game will made up next thursday against Tabor college

Comment

Originally posted by gorillashocker

:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by gorillashocker
            This better be a joke!!
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

no joke
              WICHITA, Kan. ? The baseball game between Wichita State and Oklahoma scheduled for Wed., April 9 has been cancelled due to rain. The game between the two teams will not be made up.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Not to pull a KC but is it better to come out with an OU loss or Tabor win? Both from a perception and RPI standpoint.

Comment

Tabor

That's easy, Boston. A loss to OU doesn't really help. It's a game against a "quality" opponent; but obviously a quality win is what you want, because although such a loss isn't that bad, it does weaken WSU's record against (at least for now) the Top 50. As for RPI, playing OU helps because of their good record -- although the record will probably deteriorate as they play their conference schedule -- but losing to them hurts that piece of WSU's RPI.

But Tabor is irrelevant in terms of RPI and perception. Games against non D-1 opponenets don't count against RPI, and the selectors know that such games -- especially when they're makeups, are a fact of life.

Anyway, remember that there's still an opportunity to beat OU later this spring.

Comment

Booo. I bet by 7pm it isn't even raining anymore here in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                      http://www.ksn.com/weather/weathergallery/repository/3826371.html

Yeah, when I was looking at the radar, you could see the potential that there wouldn't be much rain and most likely stopped by game time. To bad. WSU needed this game on their resume.

All Tabor does is pad Gene win record and maybe give some opportunities to some who haven't got many opportunities this year.

Comment

Here's a live radar stream from KSN. It doesn't look too bad as of just pass 6 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                          Maybe, but the field will be a swamp.

It is a shame that many of our better games have been lost to the weather. Nothing you can do about that, though. Teams seem to be booked pretty solid, so make-ups are undoubtedly a challenge.

Better make hay vs. Creighton this weekend.

--'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Does anyone know, can I just get a refund for my OU ticket?

I'm really not that interested in a game versus Tabor -- haven't we had enough of those kind of games this year?
                            although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock
                              Does anyone know, can I just get a refund for my OU ticket?

I'm really not that interested in a game versus Tabor -- haven't we had enough of those kind of games this year?
                              i think your (you know what) out of luck. The tickets are nonrefundable
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X