Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    Originally posted by tripleshock
    Does anyone know, can I just get a refund for my OU ticket?

I'm really not that interested in a game versus Tabor -- haven't we had enough of those kind of games this year?
    i think your (you know what) out of luck. The tickets are nonrefundable
    In the past, though "non-refundable", one used to be able to trade for a later game.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

i'd rather be playing OU but maybe playing tabor will allow us to give our bullpen some needed innings and hopefully confidence
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I bet it was the boys in Norman that didn't want to bother with a 3 hour bus ride to get their asses handed to them. The fact this game was canceled at 2:45 leads me to believe this. Gene has been known be willing to play in anything and you know OU is a big game for those guys. They always talk it down like its just another game but you know in the locker room its a different story.

Comment

Somehow I have a feeling OU wouldn't have got their asses handed to them tonight. Not with us throwing a very unproven #5 starter against a guy with a 2 something ERA. Not saying we would have gotten our butts handed to us, but I strongly believe that tonight getting rained out is the best thing that could have happened.

Comment

Put it in the rain gauge. 8)

Comment

No matter who it benefits who the most, baseball could have been played tonight. I don't think there's any doubt about it.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                Originally posted by Rosewood
                Booo. I bet by 7pm it isn't even raining anymore here in Wichita.
                Maybe, but the field will be a swamp.
                No way. Doesn't the field have one of those high speed drainage systems in place. I remember the '96 regional, it poured several inches and they played as soon they could get the tarp off.

Comment

Of course OU didn't want to play us. Why give WSU any opportunity to improve their RPI and SOS in order to get a regional bid. OU will be able to reschedule their game very easily with some D1 patsy from Texas like UTA, North Texas, etc. While we on the other hand, have to settle for a NAIA program.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                    Somehow I have a feeling OU wouldn't have got their asses handed to them tonight. Not with us throwing a very unproven #5 starter against a guy with a 2 something ERA. Not saying we would have gotten our butts handed to us, but I strongly believe that tonight getting rained out is the best thing that could have happened.
                    You are sooooo wrong. How many games have you seen this year anyways...???

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Of course OU didn't want to play us. Why give WSU any opportunity to improve their RPI and SOS in order to get a regional bid. OU will be able to reschedule their game very easily with some D1 patsy from Texas like UTA, North Texas, etc. While we on the other hand, have to settle for a NAIA program.
                      This logic baffles me. If OU doesn't want to play WSU, then why did they schedule the game in the first place? How does OU benefit from dropping a top 30 RPI team and playing a "patsy"?

Forecast was for 90% chance of rain, with the possibility of t-storms. Radar looked ominous during the middle of the afternoon.I agree they might have been able to play, but the odds were against it and a 6 hour bus trip to watch it rain wouldn't be too fun.

Forecast for the weekend in Omaha is horrible. Snowy, windy and cold. I'll be surprised if a game is played on Friday. Losing 1 or 2 games in conference is much worse than in the mid-week. Conference standings are based solely on in-conference winning percentage, and being a game or two down on other contenders can really hurt. Let's hope the forecast is WRONG, or at least the Shox stay even in games played.

--'85.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                        This logic baffles me. If OU doesn't want to play WSU, then why did they schedule the game in the first place? How does OU benefit from dropping a top 30 RPI team and playing a "patsy"?

Forecast was for 90% chance of rain, with the possibility of t-storms. Radar looked ominous during the middle of the afternoon.I agree they might have been able to play, but the odds were against it and a 6 hour bus trip to watch it rain wouldn't be too fun.

Forecast for the weekend in Omaha is horrible. Snowy, windy and cold. I'll be surprised if a game is played on Friday. Losing 1 or 2 games in conference is much worse than in the mid-week. Conference standings are based solely on in-conference winning percentage, and being a game or two down on other contenders can really hurt. Let's hope the forecast is WRONG, or at least the Shox stay even in games played.

--'85.
                        I was trying to be facetious, but apparently you didn't get it. However, if the roles were reversed, I'd almost bet money that Gene would take the chance and try to play the game.

Comment

I was trying to be facetious, but apparently you didn't get it. However, if the roles were reversed, I'd almost bet money that Gene would take the chance and try to play the game.
                          Sorry, guess I'm waterlogged.

One thing about Gene ... it seems his 'play anyone, anywhere, home-and-home' mantra seems to be sincere.

--'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I think in the long run Clint Maune gets more out of pitching a game against OU than pitching against Tabor College. I am not convinced that he wouldn't have pitched well, he has good stuff and I think we will rely on him a lot in the future and especially next year when he will more than likely be a weekend guy, so I think it sucks that the game wasn't played.
                            THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Working...
                            X