No announcement yet.

Eck Stadium Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely, if they build a new stadium downtown, it would be suitable for both baseball and football.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
      Unfortunately, he also reiterated that the stadium would be a multi-sport facility to host soccer games, and that they would be in talks with MLS about bringing the MLS to Wichita. Sort of hurts his overall credibility.
      If he said that, his credibility is indeed shot.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Unfortunately, he also reiterated that the stadium would be a multi-sport facility to host soccer games, and that they would be in talks with MLS about bringing the MLS to Wichita. Sort of hurts his overall credibility.
        And more back on topic, I forgot he mentioned that next season (2018) would be the last for the Wingnuts and NBC at LD. Negotiations have already taken place to move 2019 NBC World Series to WSU's Eck Stadium while the downtown stadium is under construction. He then said that starting in 2020, the new stadium would be open, however, the first week of the NBC World Series would likely stay permanently at Eck Stadium, with only the second week (Championship Week) being played at the new LD. This would be to facilitate the fact that no minor league team would want yearly 2-3 week road trips in the middle of the season.

Comment

Tell me more - Tell me more Georgie!!!
          SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
          gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Is there any truth to the rumors that Cessna Stadium will be demolished and a smaller track and field only facility will be built in its place?
            "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              How old is L-D stadium? They really do need a new one. The Plumbing/bathroom infrastructure really is old. Maybe we should wait until the public has to use porta-potties. My understanding is that the NBC is making a comeback (with the All Star team, etc. ), attendance has improved, and they want to use the stadium for outdoor concerts as an ampi-theater, etc. I could be wrong but I've heard nothing about WSU and I don't see that being a serious consideration.
              1934. Constructed as part of FDR's New Deal.

Comment

Aren't there MLS affiliated leagues? Maybe that was what he was speaking about?
                Last edited by BOBB; July 31, 2017, 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  Aren't their MLS affiliated leagues? Maybe that was what he was speaking about?
                  USL is defacto minor league to MLS, with some teams in the leagues being entirely operated under the parent club, and then there are wholly independent clubs. IF he meant USL I would be in for that, but there is not a snowballs chance Wichita would be in contention for and MLS side ever. I was kind of hopeful when SKC was creating a USL side they would look at ICT, instead they planted it at Swope Park in KC.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                    USL is defacto minor league to MLS, with some teams in the leagues being entirely operated under the parent club, and then there are wholly independent clubs. IF he meant USL I would be in for that, but there is not a snowballs chance Wichita would be in contention for and MLS side ever. I was kind of hopeful when SKC was creating a USL side they would look at ICT, instead they planted it at Swope Park in KC.
                    Exactly. MLS is growing leaps and bounds. Growth is towards big sports cities. Wichita would do well to have a USL team; just don't name them the Wings...

Comment

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Now that's a Legacy Gene and Brent can be proud of and the best reason for Gene and the University to reconcile although that doesn't seem to likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
                          Is there any truth to the rumors that Cessna Stadium will be demolished and a smaller track and field only facility will be built in its place?
                          A possible course of action in addition to knocking it down to it's 12k concrete core. Track and soccer if added

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Now that's a Legacy Gene and Brent can be proud of and the best reason for Gene and the University to reconcile although that doesn't seem to likely.
                            Brandley one of my favorite Shocker pitchers of all time. Tenacious competitor that really epitomized the teams of that era

Comment

Still love the story about McDonald when asked why he didn't come out of the championship game after getting hurt "I was afraid Wedgie would beat the s*** out of me."

Comment

Big thread...

Stay tuned... :)
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X