Eck Stadium Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Gah... forgot about that stinky baseball-soccer combo idea, which seemed to generate itself out of thin air and suddenly became the plan. Another idea that hasn't really happened in other parts of the country in any relevant volume (for obvious, common-sense reasons), but here it will somehow be a cue to city leadership to move forward with such a unique opportunity.
    That does sound awful. Let's convert a stadium into something that doesn't work particularly well for either sport.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      That does sound awful. Let's convert a stadium into something that doesn't work particularly well for either sport.
      In some respects he is right about Eck in that it is kind of a hodge podge stadium with generally poor sight lines. Had we to do it over again it would have been built a lot different. However, it is our home and we should never trade it for a rented downtown stadium...even if it was Wrigley field.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
        In some respects he is right about Eck in that it is kind of a hodge podge stadium with generally poor sight lines.
        Honestly, I have never heard anybody complain that Eck was a hodge podge stadium. In fact, all I have ever heard is great things about it, other than recently people opining that it needs some updating.

Comment

other than recently people opining that it needs some updating.
          Like a new coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Like a new coach?
            Oh no you di'n't.

Comment

Oh no you di'n't.
              Can't lob em up there like that.

Now, back to the thread. I hope they don't make the enormous mistake of turning Eck Stadium into a soccer field.

Comment

Honestly, I have never heard anybody complain that Eck was a hodge podge stadium. In fact, all I have ever heard is great things about it, other than recently people opining that it needs some updating.
                It's a hodge podge.....but our hodge podge

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Can't lob em up there like that.

Now, back to the thread. I hope they don't make the enormous mistake of turning Eck Stadium into a soccer field.
                  No, not Eck ... Lawrence Dumont.

Comment

Mayor was on KFH again today and repeated that he would have a minor league team signed by the end of the year. Pretty confident guy.

Comment

Not going to happen

Reverse the Curse!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        Mayor was on KFH again today and repeated that he would have a minor league team signed by the end of the year. Pretty confident guy.
                        How old is L-D stadium? They really do need a new one. The Plumbing/bathroom infrastructure really is old. Maybe we should wait until the public has to use porta-potties. My understanding is that the NBC is making a comeback (with the All Star team, etc. ), attendance has improved, and they want to use the stadium for outdoor concerts as an ampi-theater, etc. I could be wrong but I've heard nothing about WSU and I don't see that being a serious consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          Unfortunately, he also reiterated that the stadium would be a multi-sport facility to host soccer games, and that they would be in talks with MLS about bringing the MLS to Wichita. Sort of hurts his overall credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I don't see Eck stadium going away. It would be a mistake to move to a rented stadium.
                            Sometimes rented stadiums can be very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
                              Sometimes rented stadiums can be very nice.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

**** that.
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X