Clear All

• SEBaseball Regional Projection

What a joke:

Lincoln Regional

1. Nebraska
    4. Illinois Chicago

2. Wichita State
    3. Oral Roberts

Nebraska as the #5 National Seed. Check out some of the other host sites that they project. Are you kidding me. I know it doesn't mean anything, but come on we deserve more respect than this we should be projected as a host and 1 seed, if not a possible national seed at this point in the season. I know it only matters in June, but this still pisses me off a little.
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

LMAO!

One word:

Rivals.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Honestly, what is the deal with rivals (serious question)?

Their site does such a great job with football and basketball recruiting, and other info. How do they miss so badly on baseball?

Is it because one dude basically runs the site for baseball, and he's got a problem with Gene?

Comment

The rivals poll is done by Kendall Rogers. This projection is done by Mark at SEBaseball.

Why don't you post and ask him why WSU isn't a 1 seed. I'm sure he has an explanation.

Comment

Though this is a shafting, we really need to take care of business this week, and against Nebraska. They are only going to have so many midwest regionals, and Nebraska and Missouri are both on par or ahead of us right now in that regard.

But, as you stated, none of this matters a bit until June.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
            Is it because one dude basically runs the site for baseball, and he's got a problem with Gene?
            I think you hit the nail on the head.

It's pretty sad. That's why I'd value what newshock has to say about anything college baseball-related more than what Rivals has to say.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
              The rivals poll is done by Kendall Rogers. This projection is done by Mark at SEBaseball.

Why don't you post and ask him why WSU isn't a 1 seed. I'm sure he has an explanation.
              I'm sure his explanation is the same BCS BS we are used to hearing, or the fact that we aren't from the Southeast or California might have something to do with it, I mean he has 9 SEC teams in and even Rivals has called it a down year for the SEC. I'm sure he has his reason and I have my reason's for thinking his projections are a joke.

Comment

Could he have gotten access to the controversial "eye test"?

Comment

Huh?

Good heavens, SEK -- are you really that bored? Why on earth would anyone care about the projection at this point from one random guy who isn't involved in the selection process?

Here's my projection for the baseball tournament, and you can take it to the bank (unless what I saw in the grocery store the other day about Nostradamus -- or was it KC? -- having predicted that the world will end on May 11, 2008 comes true): the tournament will be held. That's all we know at this point, and that's all we need to know.

Comment

Re: Huh?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                    Good heavens, SEK -- are you really that bored? Why on earth would anyone care about the projection at this point from one random guy who isn't involved in the selection process?

Here's my projection for the baseball tournament, and you can take it to the bank (unless what I saw in the grocery store the other day about Nostradamus -- or was it KC? -- having predicted that the world will end on May 11, 2008 comes true): the tournament will be held. That's all we know at this point, and that's all we need to know.
                    I guess I am, sorry. I guess I should be paying more attention to the Bill Self saga.

Comment

Originally posted by SekShocker

I'm sure his explanation is the same BCS BS we are used to hearing, or the fact that we aren't from the Southeast or California might have something to do with it, I mean he has 9 SEC teams in and even Rivals has called it a down year for the SEC. I'm sure he has his reason and I have my reason's for thinking his projections are a joke.

I bet it has more to do with the RPI. I really don't think anybody that legitimately follows college baseball (Mark does) would have a bias against non-BCS schools.

I do agree with you that the SEC won't get 9 in. If the conference does anything in the post-season this year I'll be shocked.

Comment

I bet it has more to do with the RPI. I really don't think anybody that legitimately follows college baseball (Mark does) would have a bias against non-BCS schools.
                        A team with a Top 30 RPI, a 24-4 record, and a No.5 national ranking and to be a No.2 seed at the No.5 national seed's ballpark isn't bias?

You're joking right?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          A team with a Top 30 RPI, a 24-4 record, and a No.5 national ranking and to be a No.2 seed at the No.5 national seed's ballpark isn't bias?

You're joking right?

Well the top 16 teams get 1 seeds. So a top 30 RPI gets you a 2 seed. Not saying RPI is all they do or should go by, but it's an explanation that doesn't require a tin foil hat if you know what I mean.

Comment

You're joking right?

Well the top 16 teams get 1 seeds. So a top 30 RPI gets you a 2 seed. Not saying RPI is all they do or should go by, but it's an explanation that doesn't require a tin foil hat if you know what I mean.
                            So will the RPI ever be used without a double standard?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle

You're joking right?

So will the RPI ever be used without a double standard?

You'll have to explain that to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X