Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State @ Indiana State (3 Game Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disaster in the 6th.

Dumb decision to leave Evans in after he put the initial runner or two on, then exacerbated by Keller coming on and serving up lukewarm porterhouses in relief.

Comment

Bad, bad and more bad.

ISUb up 4-3 w/1 out and runners at 1st and 3rd still. Chandler Sanburn and Adam Keller successfully emptying all of the kerosene on this heap to help pick up their starter after a great first 5 innings.

Comment

5-3 now on a strike-em-out, throw-it-into-center-field error.

Comment

Shockers take advantage of a lead-off bunt single by connecting on three consecutive cans of corn to finish the inning. 5-3 ISUb to the bottom of the 7th.

Comment

5-3 ISUb to the 9th as the Shockers look to preserve their 26 month streak of not winning a series on the road. Bottom of the order due up.

Comment

Streak preserved as ISUb wins 5-3.

Shockers (27-28, 10-11) finish 5th in the MVC all by their lonesome and will open against SIU in Springfield.

Comment

I thought a 3rd place finish would guarantee another year for Butler. Not so certain about a 5th place finish. I had a thought a couple of days ago that maybe Hooper quit the WingNuts because he was going to take over as the Shox manager as soon as their season was over. Maybe that was just a dream.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Shockers vs. Salukis set for 4 PM on Wednesday in Springfield. MSU will play Illinois State at 7:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    Shockers vs. Salukis set for 4 PM on Wednesday in Springfield. MSU will play Illinois State at 7:30 PM.
                    Not good unless IlSt pulls the mother of all upsets in their opener, and probably not even then. WSU needed to be on the other side of the bracket -- they can play with Dallas Baptist, at least -- and had a chance to get there until that 6th inning debacle.

Can someone with a million dollars to spare step up and rescue the program? It won't be any easier in the American.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I thought a 3rd place finish would guarantee another year for Butler. Not so certain about a 5th place finish. I had a thought a couple of days ago that maybe Hooper quit the WingNuts because he was going to take over as the Shox manager as soon as their season was over. Maybe that was just a dream.
                      Under HCTB we have only finished above .500 in the MVC one time (first year).

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        Not good unless IlSt pulls the mother of all upsets in their opener, and probably not even then. WSU needed to be on the other side of the bracket -- they can play with Dallas Baptist, at least -- and had a chance to get there until that 6th inning debacle.

Can someone with a million dollars to spare step up and rescue the program? It won't be any easier in the American.
                        Yeah this team would likely finish near the bottom or last in the AAC.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Yeah this team would likely finish near the bottom or last in the AAC.
                          At first I was hoping you were exaggerating. Then I checked out the AAC standings and they have 4 teams in the top 50, 3 teams 51-100, with the lowest RPI team at 111. WSU is 1-12 against the top 50, 5-6 against 51-100 and 8-9 against RPI 101 - 200. Based on our success this year against similar RPI opponents, we would have likely finished 6-18, or dead last in the AAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            A second place finish with a 15-6 Valley record (one game out of first) and winning the Valley tournament at the first place team's home field wasn't enough to save Gene's job in 2013. It doesn't seem reasonable at all that a 5th place finish four years later would be enough to save Butler's job.

But maybe the 7 year contract does.

Comment

I've heard Butler ain't going nowhere. Short of something unexpected financially, we get to see that sweet contract to its conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X