Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crow from Mizzouri

Another shutout for the Topeka native---

COLUMBIA | Aaron Crow has no idea how close he is to the NCAA Division I record for consecutive innings pitched without yielding a run.

Neither, apparently, does the NCAA. It’s one of the few statistics not listed in the college record book.

“And that’s too bad because he’s really doing something special,” Missouri coach Tim Jamieson said Friday night after Crow threw a shutout against Oklahoma State in No. 4-ranked MU’s 3-0 victory.

[Staff edit: Please review the guidelines for posting copyrighted material.]

This pertains to Shocker baseball..... how?

We care because............... ?
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

it's an interesting little stat and the guy's from Topeka.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow

You have got to be kidding me! Are we really so insecure that we can't know anything at all about the rest of the world of college baseball. Besides that we could easily be matched up with Missouri in a regional or super regional. If so, I will be embarrassed for the Shocker fans that have zero clue who Aaron Crow is.

I have never seen a fan base with such an aggressive passion for being ignorant sports fans.

Comment

No kidding. In my mind, anything related to college athletics is fair game for message board discussion.

Comment

Not sure if one poster's comments about not caring warrant the negative labeling of the whole fan base.

Anyway, I agree with those that say all relevant college baseball news is welcome here, so thanks for posting the article.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
              I have never seen a fan base with such an aggressive passion for being ignorant sports fans.
              Thankfully,

Shocker Nation =/ fastbow

Calm down.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Sitter
                Not sure if one poster's comments about not caring warrant the negative labeling of the whole fan base.

Anyway, I agree with those that say all relevant college baseball news is welcome here, so thanks for posting the article.

Good point....it just seems to be a reoccurring theme on Shockernet. It is probably more often displayed on the basketball board though.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow

I'm going to need to see your badge, Mr. Internet Sheriff

Comment

Was he strictly set on Mizzou out of high school, or did we even have a chance getting him. I'm suprised a Topeka kid didn't sign with KU.

Comment

I'm surprised when any Kansas kid signs with KU

Comment

I might be wrong on this, but I think the kid fell under the radar until after his Frosh season at Mizzou.
                        He started lighting up the radar that summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
                          I'm surprised when any Kansas kid signs with KU

:D

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                            I might be wrong on this, but I think the kid fell under the radar until after his Frosh season at Mizzou.
                            He started lighting up the radar that summer.
                            He was a weekend starter some his freshman year in which a highly regarded Missouri team struggled immensely most of the season. He didn't pick up his first win until his final start in the Malibu Regional where he threw a complete game to beat Pepperdine. That was huge for Missouri who eventually won the Regional as a 4 seed. He was above average last season and was the number one starter, but it was in Cape Cod this past summer where he started to be considered elite.

Comment

I am with KC on this one when it comes to asking if he was ever considered by WSU.

But WSU has gotten quite a few good players out of the state of Missouri too, so I guess it is even.

Comment

Working...
                              X