Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7hottamales
    Originally posted by fastbow
    This pertains to Shocker baseball..... how?

We care because............... ?

You have got to be kidding me! Are we really so insecure that we can't know anything at all about the rest of the world of college baseball. Besides that we could easily be matched up with Missouri in a regional or super regional. If so, I will be embarrassed for the Shocker fans that have zero clue who Aaron Crow is.

I have never seen a fan base with such an aggressive passion for being ignorant sports fans.
    how ironic.............a guy who likes to sterotype calls others ignorant and did both in one sentence.

Comment

Well excuse me...

I thought this might be a WSU Baseball forum. Guess it's just an overall college baseball board. My mistake.

I also thought we might have some pride in our baseball program so that we don't have to be impressed by every little thing a Big 12 program does.

Is it cool? Yes. Is it Shocker baseball? No.

Basically, shouldn't this have been in the off-topic board?
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

There is a forum here for all sports news (or any news). It's the called the Off-Topic forum for those who's scroll wheels don't work. ;)

However, it is acceptible for some non-WSU news/topics in one of the WSU sports forums if it has at least a regional interest or is nationally significant and is of the same sport.

But keep in mind that the appropriateness is subjective, which means that a staff member may think it should be in the Off-Topic forum and move it there. But should that happen, don't take it personal.

The alternative is to either make it strictly WSU or allow anything, which wouldn't be pallatable to everyone either.

Comment

Hey! Let's settle this arguement. It is relevant because that's where Gene went..............ummmmmkaayyyyyy :D

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            There is a forum here for all sports news (or any news). It's the called the Off-Topic forum for those who's scroll wheels don't work. ;)

However, it is acceptible for some non-WSU news/topics in one of the WSU sports forums if it has at least a regional interest or is nationally significant and is of the same sport.

But keep in mind that the appropriateness is subjective, which means that a staff member may think it should be in the Off-Topic forum and move it there. But should that happen, don't take it personal.

The alternative is to either make it strictly WSU or allow anything, which wouldn't be pallatable to everyone either.
            Ok Royal. I can get behind that. Sorry.
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Didn't Nebraska sign a kid from Washburn Rural recently? I believe he was drafted in the early rounds and went pro.

WSU has had more than a few kids from Topeka including John Tetuan and Kent Becker.

Josh Workman and Rob Musgrave are from the Topeka area also, so I'd say WSU does just fine recruiting Northeast Kansas.

Comment

ABC,
                I think you are thinking of a pitcher named Blair Johnson. He went in the first round to Pittsburgh--Jimmy signed him

He got hurt and I do not think he even pitched last year.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                  ABC,
                  I think you are thinking of a pitcher named Blair Johnson. He went in the first round to Pittsburgh--Jimmy signed him

He got hurt and I do not think he even pitched last year.

Bingo. That's the guy he was thinking of. Great prospect that moved ahead of Pelfrey their senior seasons, early 2nd round pick, got his money, never sniffed double A or even a healthy season last I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                    Well excuse me...

I thought this might be a WSU Baseball forum. Guess it's just an overall college baseball board. My mistake.

I also thought we might have some pride in our baseball program so that we don't have to be impressed by every little thing a Big 12 program does.

Is it cool? Yes. Is it Shocker baseball? No.

Basically, shouldn't this have been in the off-topic board?
                    Take a good look at the basketball forum right now and give me a count on how many current topics are on the first page that have nothing to do with WSU basketball.

I'll be waiting..
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                    X