Polls 4/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hovpen
    Perhaps, but I'd feel better about being a top 10 team if the Shocks had won at least one of those three games.

But nothing matters until mid-June anyway. Anything before is just discussion material
    Winning 22 of 26 games in the sport of baseball is an impressive stat, no matter what level you are playing. WSU has an RPI in the Top 30, so not all of their opponents have been garbage either.

Sorry, poll mechanics don't work that way. As already mentioned, basketball, football, baseball, etc. all don't have rankings based on head-to-head competition.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
      Ping #5
      Rivals #14
      Baseball America #9
      Collegiate Baseball #5
      ESPN #5

So let's go with the majority with this and just say we're #5 in the country. Cause Rivals doesn't count in my book.
      Replace the hideous Rivals poll and put in a very respected NCBWA Poll, who also has us at #5.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Unfortunately Channel 12 couldn't find 10 seconds in their 35 minute newscast tonight to mention WSU's ranking in even one of these polls.[/u]

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989
          Unfortunately Channel 12 couldn't find 10 seconds in their 35 minute newscast tonight to mention WSU's ranking in even one of these polls.[/u]
          yup it makes me hate KU even more
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Mean

ABC, the "average" is the "mean" -- those terms are synonymous. You may mean the median.

I'd be more inclined to drop both Ping, which I've never heard of except on here, and Rivals; and stick with those that are nationally known. That would give WSU three #5's and a #9, which averages out to a nice round #6.

"We're number 6" is much easier to say than "we're number 7.6."

Comment

KU wins a basketball title and then Gene wins the CWS. I'm looking forward to the CWS in 2008 and 2009.
              :goshocks:
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

All of my good feelings toward KU for winning the game were gone by the end of that newscast. All of my inner hatred for KU came back out and a new hatred for channel 12 was born.

Comment

All of my good feelings toward KU for winning the game were gone by the end of that newscast. All of my inner hatred for KU came back out and a new hatred for channel 12 was born.
                  Come on man. It's a no-brainer on who was gonna kill the coverage last night. It was a national championship for a state school. We had more coverage with our trip to the Sweet 16 even.

We didn't play a game last night. We moved up to No.5 in the polls, something that shouldn't be anything new with us.

It's time to get over it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Rivals mid-season report - yea! Mid's getting lots of love..............not!

Comment

NCBWA DIVISION I TOP 30 POLL (APRIL 7)
                      1. Miami Atlantic Coast 26-2 5-0 2
                      2. Florida State Atlantic Coast 28-3 5-0 3
                      3. Arizona State Pacific-10 28-3 3-2 1
                      4. North Carolina Atlantic Coast 25-6 4-1 4
                      5. Wichita State Missouri Valley 24-4 4-1 8

NCBWA DIVISION II POLL (APRIL 7)
                      1. Mount Olive (N.C.) [6] 37-4 264 t2
                      2. Southern Arkansas [4] 33-4 262 1
                      3. Sonoma State (Calif.) 32-4 251 4
                      4. Tampa (Fla.) [1] 28-6-1 244 t2
                      5. Emporia State (Kan.) 31-3 232 7
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                        5. Emporia State (Kan.) 31-3 232 7
                        My Alma Mater.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Come on man. It's a no-brainer on who was gonna kill the coverage last night. It was a national championship for a state school. We had more coverage with our trip to the Sweet 16 even.

We didn't play a game last night. We moved up to No.5 in the polls, something that shouldn't be anything new with us.

It's time to get over it.
                          agreed, it shouldn't be that big of a surprise that the Shox are ranked high...that's kinda expected 'round here...just like it's not news that the duke or KU or such is ranked in Basketball.

they are there to report news, and us being ranked isn't breaking news. And that's a good thing!

Comment

The median is 7, I believe. The mode is 5. Go with the mode. We are 5th.
                            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                              The median is 7, I believe. The mode is 5. Go with the mode. We are 5th.
                              Both of those terms make me randy.

Comment

Working...
                              X