No announcement yet.

Polls 4/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys no poll is credible that has WSU ahead of Long Beach State. 0-3 head to head should mean something. Just being logical.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
      Sorry guys no poll is credible that has WSU ahead of Long Beach State. 0-3 head to head should mean something. Just being logical.
      Things can change a lot in the month plus that the games were played.

Comment

You can't have every team ahead of every team they've happened to beat, if we have a better body of work for the season than LBS, then we should be ranked highter.

Comment

No matter the sport, early season losses never hurt as bad as the recent ones.

If by the end of April, the Detroit Tigers have 7 fewer losses than KC, can any power ranking that has Detroit above KC be credible?

Comment

So Stanford should be ahead of AZ State since they took two of three? Irvine ahead of Fullerton despite losing 2 of 3 to them. Not a good arguement at all.

Polls represent a program's body of work and how well that program did for that week.

Comment

This is why we cant take rivals seriously as a poll.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                Ping #5
                Rivals #14
                Baseball America #9
                Collegiate Baseball #5
                ESPN #5

So let's go with the majority with this and just say we're #5 in the country. Cause Rivals doesn't count in my book.
                Or we can average the five polls, which would be 7.6.

Can someone figure out the mean?

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                  This is why we cant take rivals seriously as a poll.
                  Three games very early in the season reduces the significance, it would seem to me.

Comment

Perhaps, but I'd feel better about being a top 10 team if the Shocks had won at least one of those three games.

But nothing matters until mid-June anyway. Anything before is just discussion material

Comment

Perhaps, but I'd feel better about being a top 10 team if the Shocks had won at least one of those three games.

But nothing matters until mid-June anyway. Anything before is just discussion material
                      I feel good being a top ten team with or without that sweep on our record. It would have been nice though you bet but I know what we have with this team and I believe Long Beach State does as well. In fact I think their coach would probably say it was fortunate to match up early in the year at home and not later or here at our house. They have to feel good about getting a sweep over us and the team we have this year. I really really like that program and how they play ball. I cant think of a scrappier team year in and out than those dirtbags. I got nothing but love for them with the exception of when we face off. Not to mention they are willing to play anyone anytime anywhere... whats not to love and respect about that. Their schedule has been brutal this year and is just about every year and I hope th series continues for ages.

Comment

Agreed. Not making excuses, but one might also keep in mind that Capra didn't throw that weekend. With the way the lineup has settled in (notably the everyday addition of KWJ), I think I'd take my chances in a rematch. Gotta hand it to LBS though, they took care of business when the business was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
                          Agreed. Not making excuses, but one might also keep in mind that Capra didn't throw that weekend. With the way the lineup has settled in (notably the everyday addition of KWJ), I think I'd take my chances in a rematch. Gotta hand it to LBS though, they took care of business when the business was happening.
                          I remember listening to that series and one of the commentators mentioned was that Long Beech State was a team that did not have a lot of room to 'develop' as the season goes along.

Comment

Lost four games all year, two of those in extra innings factor that in. One of those was at Long Beach.
                            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

I understand your aprehension however. WSU has played a relatively soft schedule thus far, (no fault of their own however). Some teams that made the tourney last year have not played at that level this year. If we can get some wins over Top 30 competition like OK State, Nebraska, OU, then there should not be a shred of doubt, until then.........

Comment

Long Beach State is 1-8 over their last 9 games. That doesn't entitle them to be ranked ahead of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X