Missouri State Players Claim that Crowd is Not Nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri State Players Claim that Crowd is Not Nice

The fans come out to support their team in force and they aren't bashful about verbally jabbing the opposition.

CHEESBURGER!
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

STUMP!
      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

To be honest, MSU baseball fans are collectively THE WORST group that comes to Eck Stadium. They hoot, holler, make strange noises (no offense to the pig-sooey crowd) and talk smack while their team is getting their butts kicked. They roll into the reserved seating like they own the place and then act offended when you ask them to move. In Springfield last year during the tournament they acted like they OWNED WSU after pushing their record to 1-16 vs. the Shox.

At least now they have something to play for: Second Place.

"...playing for second now is vitally important, too," Guttin said.
        A big Shocker Welcome to Wichita to the Bears!!!

--'85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
          To be honest, MSU baseball fans are collectively THE WORST group that comes to Eck Stadium. They hoot, holler, make strange noises (no offense to the pig-sooey crowd) and talk smack while their team is getting their butts kicked. They roll into the reserved seating like they own the place and then act offended when you ask them to move. In Springfield last year during the tournament they acted like they OWNED WSU after pushing their record to 1-16 vs. the Shox.

--'85.
          I thought this was a funny thing to say so early in the conference race, and BEFORE the series. Hope that mindset rubs off on his players.

Comment

ahh my first game of the year and its against the bears.

Ill be drinking honey tea leading up to the game.

Comment

--'85.
              I saw that quote and about fell out of my chair laughing. At least their coach has given up on beating the Shox this year already.

And if they think we provide for a hostile environment as fans, maybe that's what they should get this weekend. 6000+ screaming fans would do wonders for hostility.

Comment

Ill be with the Coleman Contingent Saturday. Ive never paid that much attention to them in years pass but hopefully thats alot of people out there.

Comment

NOONAN!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

To be honest, MSU baseball fans are collectively THE WORST group that comes to Eck Stadium. They hoot, holler, make strange noises (no offense to the pig-sooey crowd) and talk smack while their team is getting their butts kicked. They roll into the reserved seating like they own the place and then act offended when you ask them to move. --'85.
                    I agree...for the most part I always sit out on the hill but, 3 or 4 years ago my boss gave me his sky box for the whole Valley Tournament. His box is on the first base side, below me were all the SMS fans. Probably the best game I've seen at the Eck. If I recall correctly it went 11 innings, with SMS scoring 3 runs in the top of the 11th (I never heard visiting fans talk so much smack in my life, because they thought they had the game in hand)...then of course the Shocks proceeded to score 4 runs in the bottom of the 11th to take the game. I left the sky box and moved into the seats behind all the Bears fans and verbally abused them and their team untill every last one was gone...boy that was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                      To be honest, MSU baseball fans are collectively THE WORST group that comes to Eck Stadium. They hoot, holler, make strange noises (no offense to the pig-sooey crowd) and talk smack while their team is getting their butts kicked. They roll into the reserved seating like they own the place and then act offended when you ask them to move. --'85.
                      I agree...for the most part I always sit out on the hill but, 3 or 4 years ago my boss gave me his sky box for the whole Valley Tournament. His box is on the first base side, below me were all the SMS fans. Probably the best game I've seen at the Eck. If I recall correctly it went 11 innings, with SMS scoring 3 runs in the top of the 11th (I never heard visiting fans talk so much smack in my life, because they thought they had the game in hand)...then of course the Shocks proceeded to score 4 runs in the bottom of the 11th to take the game. I left the sky box and moved into the seats behind all the Bears fans and verbally abused them and their team untill every last one was gone...boy that was fun.
                      Very classy right there. Must have left the visitors with a nice feel for the hospitality in Wichita.

Comment

:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by wooly
                          Very classy right there. Must have left the visitors with a nice feel for the hospitality in Wichita.
                          Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CARES?

I don't give two flying anythings about those from Springfield

Comment

Isn't your home field supposed to be hostile and intimidating for opponents? Home field ADVANTAGE...

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                              I remember that game and atmosphere. A total classic! I was all over the MSU dugout after that game. Some of em were crying. They totally deserved for how loud their dugout was the entire game. Quite an immature bunch.

The tears they flaunted afterwards was almost better than the improbable win that had just occurred.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X