No announcement yet.

WSU at ORU (3/21, 6:30 CST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 more ORU hits in the 6th. 2 more solo home runs bringing the total to 5 for the game.

Comment

If there is one thing sure about the modern era of Shocker baseball, it's that we should never schedule ORU again. They own us and it's embarrassing.
      Last edited by Shockerman; March 21, 2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Final: ORU 7 - Shockers 4

I thought the Shocks showed a few signs of life on offense. Whether that was mostly a function of facing mid-week pitching or actual progress is difficult to know for sure. The Shocks "only" struck out 8 times, same as ORU.

It is a bit bothersome that HCTB recruits big guys I assume because he likes to play for the long ball and after 20 games the Shockers have 7 home runs while our opponents have 19 home runs.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 21, 2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Found while search for 'sinking ship' post...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The ship done sunk. Hopefully the conference move gets finished up in the next week or two so the AD can move on to finding a baseball coach.

Comment

It's gonna be real hard for Butler to best his McNeese State coaching mark of .502 before his time runs out.

Looking up to McNeese State. Nice.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm going to painstakingly give the next Todd Butler Radio Show a listen to see how much lipstick is being smeared on this pig.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe he'll find a sweet assistant job in the SEC and save Boatright the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Maybe he'll find a sweet assistant job in the SEC and save Boatright the trouble.
                    Dream on.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Dream on.
                      Hey, it happened before.

Comment

When does a 10 to 9 ratio equal 29 to 12?

When ORU vs WSU hits are converted to total basis. The 5 home runs allowed by Wichita State tied the record for most home runs allowed in a game in Shocker history according to the Eagle game report. I was somewhat surprised by the latter if true.

ORU had team batting average of .303 vs .273 for the Shocks in the game but ORU's slugging percentage was .879 vs .364 for the Shockers.

Comment

Hey, it happened before.
                          So you're saying you think Butler will just up and walk away from a buyout of around $1 million because..........he's a nice guy? embarrassed? wants what is best for WSU baseball?

Comment

I dunno. How big was his contract at McNeese St.? He up and left that place after 3 years to go be a recruiter for SEC teams.

Comment

I dunno. How big was his contract at McNeese St.? He up and left that place after 3 years to go be a recruiter for SEC teams.
                              I have no idea what his contract situation was at McNeese State but I am fairly confident he did not walk away from anything close to a 7-figure buyout. The advantage Butler has with his sweetheart contract he wrangled out of WSU is that he has all the leverage. Let's face it Todd Butler won the coaching contract lottery when he and WSU signed on the dotted line.

Comment

Working...
                              X