No announcement yet.

Utah Valley @ WSU (Season Opener)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hecht follows up Holified by striking out the side as well. So far so good for the bullpen.

4-3 WSU to B8.

Comment

• Ben matches Landon's work getting 3 stirkeouts on 13 pitches as well.

Comment

• Good bullpen work (so far) backed behind anemic hitting.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Biechler on for the 9th.

Comment

• Shut em down shox!

Comment

• Twitter:
              The Shockers have struck out 6 consecutive batters for the first time since May 14, 2010 vs. Missouri State.

Comment

• Outstanding bullpen work from Landon Holifield, Ben Hecht and Reagan Biechler. Let those guys share POG honors.

Comment

• 1-0! Woooooooooooooooooo
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Solid bullpen effort. Good win for the Shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      1-0! Woooooooooooooooooo
                      They probably lose this game last year.

Need to get the bats going.

Willie wasn't real sharp but battled through 6 innings with the lead. The 3 relievers were more than sharp.

Comment

• Mike Steele era off to a good start as the Shocks win 4-3 behind a strong showing from the bullpen. Fielding was also a plus today as we benefited from some timely double plays.

That was a solid if unspectacular win. Happy for our players and here's hoping we keep it rolling tomorrow.

Comment

• I guess we will have to see how the season goes but personally I would like to see Travis Young and Trey Vickers at the top of the lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I guess we will have to see how the season goes but personally I would like to see Travis Young and Trey Vickers at the top of the lineup.
                            Vickers has been below average in OBP% and well below average in SLG% the last two years. I'd like to see him 8th and that's only because DeBacker should do a better job than Vickers in the 9 hole setting the table for the top of the order.

Comment

• Originally posted by THam View Post
                              Vickers has been below average in OBP% and well below average in SLG% the last two years. I'd like to see him 8th and that's only because DeBacker should do a better job than Vickers in the 9 hole setting the table for the top of the order.
                              Not sure those are the key metrics for a 2-hole hitter. You want someone who can put the ball in play, handle the bat a little by either bunting or hitting behind the runner, who can take a strike or two in needed and still not strike out a lot. Trey had one of the lowest, if not the lowest, strike out rates on the roster last year. I don't much care what he did his freshman year when he had to wear a back brace all year. Maybe I am just too much of a traditionalist in preferring table setters at the top of the lineup.

Comment

• Surprised to see attendance was 2,862 today.

Comment

Working...
                                X