No announcement yet.

Utah Valley @ WSU (Season Opener)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably have a streak nearly a decade long of overestimating how good WSU baseball will be, so I don't trust my own optimism anymore. Regardless, I'm as excited as ever for opening weekend and hoping my optimism survives it intact. I want to see a sweep and a lot of good at-bats and hard hit balls and solid defense and a lot of pitchers having some confidence-building success.

Comment

Back in the early 90's I can remember sitting in the GA bleachers for 3pm starts doing homework while watching the Shocks (please remember I was/am an honor society jock). The cool thing, I wasn't the only person doing this, guys and girls alike would be using time wisely. It would be nice to see the program get back to this level of success and student fan commitment.

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I always love this part of the year when baseball and basketball overlap. Even better when it happens for 5-6 weeks. I very much enjoy the 3pm weekday games, fun to listen to at work.

Hopefully we get off to a good start.
        TOTALLY agree with every part of this...life is better with a significant baseball team....

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          After sitting out last year in protest of really bad baseball my kids hounded me all off season long about not going to a shocker baseball game. So we are on for opening day tomorrow. I'm excited to be out with the tens of fans again.

God I miss the old days.

I know NOTHING about the guys playing. So just tell me this -- can I expect to at least see error free baseball tomorrow?
          Sadly, I laughed at all of this...but especially, the 'tens of fans'...

Comment

No reason not to come out today besides the early start, great weather today, decent match-up too. Bring the family.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
              Friday...68 and sunny...Good enough reason for me not to go to work.
              Y'all might be even a little warmer than us today. What a great weekend for college baseball. Happy gameday, Shocker fans!

Comment

Utah Valley finished with an RPI of 129 last year. As mentioned above, they lost a fair amount of talent but should be "okay" again this season.

I think this will be a good test for our young crew. A sweep would be great. A 2-1 series win would be the bare minimum result we need (especially with the absolutely brutal March slate looming).

I am looking forward to shutting my door and listening to a few hours of baseball at the office and am jealous of all you folks who are able to make it.

Go Shox!

Comment

I think onegreatracer just called in to Sports Daily.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Turned on Sports Daily this morning and they lead with the Shockers opening baseball season. Savage was making the usual fool of himself with his lack of knowledge and understanding of what he is talking about. Bruce did a pretty good job but, quite frankly, when he was explaining to Savage that Utah Valley might actually be a decent program he sounded like he may have been reading from this thread. I lasted about 10 minutes before reaching my Savage absorption limit.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 17, 2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Turned on Sports Daily this morning and the lead with the Shockers opening baseball season. Savage was making the usual fool of himself with his lack of knowledge and understanding of what he is talking about. Bruce did a pretty good job but, quite frankly, when he was explaining to Savage that Utah Valley might actually be a decent program he sounded like he may have been reading from this thread. I lasted about 10 minutes before reaching my Savage absorption limit.
                      That was a long dose. I hope you have the long weekend to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I think onegreatracer just called in to Sports Daily.

What did I miss? Someone with optimism?
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Go Shockers tweeted out $3 admission for today. A February day have norm, or a sign of where the program is?

Comment

Anyone know why ISUr and ISUb play an in conference game today?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                              Go Shockers tweeted out $3 admission for today. A February day have norm, or a sign of where the program is?
                              The latter. They've been trying to give tickets away to anyone that will take them for 3 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                                Anyone know why ISUr and ISUb play an in conference game today?
                                Thats at the Austin Peay Invitational. Won't be a conference game.

Comment

Working...
                                X