2017 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
    I'm thinking we finish 5-3 or maybe 6-2.
    Certainly not impossible if the Shocks pitch reasonably well. It is just difficult to confidently make such a prediction IMHO.

Comment

• Hitting those 5-3 or 6-2 finishes may have just got a bit tougher. Cody Tyler is out next weekend for sure and maybe for the season. Will undergo an MRI. Cody has already had one Tommy John surgery.

That also diminshes the already small chance the Shocks may have had to makes some noise in the Valley Touranment as well.

Best wishes to Cody.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 9, 2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• It has been confirmed that Cody Tyler is out for the remainder of the these season due to a ligament sprain in his left elbow.

http://www.goshockers.com/news/2017/5/10/baseball-cody-tyler-out-for-remainder-of-the-season.aspx

My guess is that Keylan Kilgore with move into the weekend rotation. But really, after Zach Lewis, the Shocks starting pithing is pretty sketchy at this point.

Comment

• That is too bad for Cody. Here's to a full recovery.

Comment

• We had a 3-1 week which had some positives and some negatives. I would have preferred the sweep of Evansville, but 3-1 is still better than 1-3. Our RPI held steady at 146 for the second week in a row and our NPI also held at 192. The MVC stayed at the 16th spot but there is very little separation between 16th and 19th and the MVC could drop 2 or 3 more places. We are still in 4th place, tied with SIU 8 1/2 games out of 1st with 3 to play.

WSU is now 4-18 against the top 100 RPI, 10-6 against RPI 101 - 200, and 11-2 against RPI 201+ (Valparaiso moved up to RPI 198 but will likely drop back under 200 this week).

Our final week of the regular season includes a home game with K-State (RPI 98) and a weekend series at Indiana State (RPI 168). I am hoping for a 3-1 record this week. KSU is beatable, we lost 4-5 in Manhattan. Indiana State is currently 3rd place in the MVC at 10-8 (1 game in front of us). A strong showing this weekend and we could finish 3rd, which we really need to do to avoid being on the MSU side of the Valley Tournament bracket. I would much rather sweep Indiana State and finish 3rd than drop 2 of 3 and drop down to 6th. The MSU bracket will be seeds 1, 4, 5, and 8. The other bracket will be seeds 2, 3, 6, and 7.

Last week we needed to finish 6-2 to be over .500 for the year. With 4 games remaining we now need to go 3-1, which would round out our regular season at 28-27.
            Last edited by shockfan89_; May 15, 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X