America's Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Conference

7 SEC teams make the NCAA's. All 7 SEC teams host regionals. 4 of the 7 SEC teams are national seeds. And unless Florida wins tomorrow, there will be ZERO SEC teams in the College World Series.

I freaking LOVE it. All that money and prowess and look what it's got ya. Eat it. Screw 'em.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

This could very well be the most exciting CWS in recent history. Coastal Carolina, UCSB, Arizona, Oklahoma State, none were expected to make it this far. 3 Big 12 teams in, not bad. This is a wide open CWS, and it may actually keep my interest. No clue who I'll root for.

Comment

I agree. They do everything they can to stack the deck for the SEC and they still fail to advance very many (if any). Even though this shows the SEC was highly overrated, I can promise the same bias will be in place next season. Based on results, the Big 12 was the best conference in baseball this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        7 SEC teams make the NCAA's. All 7 SEC teams host regionals. 4 of the 7 SEC teams are national seeds. And unless Florida wins tomorrow, there will be ZERO SEC teams in the College World Series.

I freaking LOVE it. All that money and prowess and look what it's got ya. Eat it. Screw 'em.
        So you're saying the SEC is to college baseball what the B12-2 is to college basketball?
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
          I agree. They do everything they can to stack the deck for the SEC and they still fail to advance very many (if any). Even though this shows the SEC was highly overrated, I can promise the same bias will be in place next season. Based on results, the Big 12 was the best conference in baseball this year.
          The ACC was the best conference in college baseball this year. They have been neck and neck with the SEC for a few years now. Say what you want about the SEC underachieving this postseason (it is true) but Omaha will be a whole lot less fun without LSU, Arkansas, A&M, or Mississippi State fans. The SEC and their fans make college baseball and Omaha what it is with their passion.

Comment

The SEC baseball fans are just displaced SEC football fans looking to travel north to a cooler climate before the "Real Sport" begins.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              The SEC baseball fans are just displaced SEC football fans looking to travel north to a cooler climate before the "Real Sport" begins.
              SEC baseball has fans all season long.

Comment

Well, of course they do, Charlie. They have a LOT of football fans, and they need SOMETHING to occupy them after football signing day in February and spring practice, and it usually isn't basketball. So what's left except baseball (and softball, at which the SEC excels)?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Well, of course they do, Charlie. They have a LOT of football fans, and they need SOMETHING to occupy them after football signing day in February and spring practice, and it usually isn't basketball. So what's left except baseball (and softball, at which the SEC excels)?

Well, as long as they get on the bandwagon with great enthusiasm and in great numbers I can't say I care very much that they prefer football. ;)

I think fans of SEC schools are just fans of the school and will support anything that's fun and winning (and there is nothing more fun than winning). At Arkansas we don't get many for softball since we're just terrible, but we get gobs for track events.

There's probably a few on this board that really love Shocker baseball especially, but I'm guessing that the vast majority that have gone to games at the Eck the last few years would say they prefer basketball.

Comment

There are only a handful of college baseball environments in this country that can match the passion of the SEC. I mean, look at the atmosphere at the Box. Mississippi State has a crazy setup in the outfield. Even though I hate Arkansas with the power of a thousand suns, they have something good going at Baum. And I hope people were watching those weirdos at A&M in their Super Regional with TCU. They bring all sorts of bizarre traditions and pageantry.

It's cool that the Big XII got three teams in and all. I am sure there will be a lot of those fans in Omaha but it's not nearly as much fun with only Florida from the SEC going. I just hope somebody beats Miami. That was a total disgrace to college athletics with that HR celebration against BC.

Comment

I just can't get excited about the CWS. They should move it to Wichita.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Creighton would sure have to do a lot of traveling to play their home games.

Comment

For those who care, here is the link to the CWS's interactive bracket:

The official 2016 College Baseball Bracket for Division I. Includes a printable bracket and links to buy NCAA championship tickets.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            That's probably what they're saying in Kalamazoo, too.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              For those who care, here is the link to the CWS's interactive bracket:

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...seball/d1/2016
                              I am rooting for Coastal Carolina. Their coach Gary Gilmore is like the college baseball version of Gregg Marshall, with slightly worse hair I might add. They have been really good for a long time down there in Conway. Plus a Chanticleer is a pretty amazing mascot.

Comment

Working...
                              X