No announcement yet.

Shockers versus Jayhawks (May 17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. But hey, at least he unperched the almost 2015 CWS participants this year. So he's got that going for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Yep. But hey, at least he unperched the almost 2015 CWS participants this year. So he's got that going for him.
      I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind any current MoSt trash talking. I'm not sure anything Butler has done has been as special as what MoSt has accomplished this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind any current MoSt trash talking. I'm not sure anything Butler has done has been as special as what MoSt has accomplished this year.
        I wasn't trash talking. Certainly we have been a total disaster this year. I was just very surprised to read the WSU-KU streak.

Comment

Yeah. WSU has been a total disaster for more than 1 year at this point. That'll happen.

Comment

Based upon various reports and photos, it seems to me that the team has not quit on Coach Butler and they are still supporting each other.

If true, a very good sign.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
              7 games!!!??? Wow! That is incredible. I never have thought a lot of Ritch Price as a coach or KU as a baseball program. Yikes. That is a big indictment of Butler. Perhaps the biggest.
              Keep in mind that 2 of those 7 consecutive losses were on Gene's watch. Butler is now 1-5 against KU.

Comment

Does anyone know how much the jerseys went for during the auction?

Comment

I can't remember if it was on the game broadcast or one of the local news channels but I think I heard they raised around $2,300. Milkel Mucha's mom was interviewed briefly at the time she made her big (no doubt on her son's jersey).

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    @KC Shox: is flabbergasted and so am I.

Yes, despite the toilet bowl of a season, the Shox were able to win my two Super Bowls (Creighton and KU). Thank you gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                      Does anyone know how much the jerseys went for during the auction?
                      Most of the bids I saw were $125 or less. I was somewhat surprised they closed the bidding after the third inninng. I would have waited until at least the end of the 5th inninng. Great cause! The caps were awesome, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUBB00 View Post
                        Most of the bids I saw were $125 or less. I was somewhat surprised they closed the bidding after the third inninng. I would have waited until at least the end of the 5th inninng. Great cause! The caps were awesome, IMO.
                        Did the caps go with the jerseys? The halo over the KC was a nice little touch.

Comment

Not to my knowledge. However I can't say for sure since I did not have the winning bid on any jersey.

Comment

Working...
                          X